My Tropical corner..

Discussion in 'Tropical Gardening' started by youngdaisydee, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    I think half of the tropical delight is in the luxuriant size the plants, and single leaves, can achieve, so don't be sorry to remove some of them and have the remaining ones grow to splendid beauty... wish I was there to see it! :)

2. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks Ivory. you do have a way with words, and in a beautifull Italian accent, :)

3. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    :) Lol. I learnt my english in books long before I dared speak a word... I read Keats before being able to discuss the weather, how endearingly sick is that? :D

4. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    The clematis is taking its time :( The "hot" morning glory has gone cold :rolleyes: but hopefully the sun will bring them to life Sooooon, :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    The clematis has buds, so wont be long, but the Morning Glory has Flowered, Yippee, :thumb:

[​IMG]

Someone on another Forum recommended Daliahs for my Tropical Corner:eek: I would never of thought to use them, but im happy I did...

[​IMG]

Last one, I promise :D just that im so amazed at how its Turned out;)

[​IMG]

6. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    :thumb:It looks brilliant Dee, the next challenge is keeping those monsters in balance:D

7. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks BM, Im Already thinking Ahead, oh just remembered The Banana has 2 more Leaves, looking less like A Dock Leaf now haha...You LISTENING Inter :)

8. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,091
    Oh, Cutie, it is looking wonderfully lush and overgrown and I'm sure you are delighted with the results you are achieving. :thumb:

It's when I see pictures like yours that I would gladly trade some of my sunshine for some of your rain. I'm struggling now to get my jungle looking like Babe and you have.

Well done and keep the pictures coming. xx

9. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    LOOKING FANTASTIC YD...OR YD I LIKED IT AS A DOCK LEAF:D:D:thumb:

10. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Aww thanks LoL, You mentioned my garden in the same sentence as BMs, :o WoW what a compliment, But I wish.:D
    You know I never thought of the problems you have with the heat, you must be forever watering your garden, I have to water my Brugs twice a day here and were nowhere as hot as you, (I always knew you were hot LoL :D)...
    Hi Inter, Missed your madness :) Its Definatley Banana looking now, still smallish tho,:rolleyes: .. Love Dee..

11. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    I really like your garden a lot. I really have a problem with long leaved plants like phormium. I really love them, and always want to get more of them, there aren´t enough of them in my garden, and the borders would be better with some. Then for one reason or the other when I am sourcing plants I never seem to get one. I have a mind of raiding your garden one of these days. :D

12. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Phormiums are easy to buy here Ivory, and not expensive, I agree they are Great in a Tropical garden, Which reminds me, hows your plans coming along for your's? Some pics if you have any, would be great :cool:

13. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Oh mine is all to start next year. I am working on improving the ground on the designated spot now. It was really terrible, dusty and poor, but it´s improving visibly, as well it should, with all the good stuff I am pouring on it. Finally there are worms in it!

Else I am growing on my plants (but I had to get rid of my cannas, all virus infested... I want to grow mine from seed from now on) and studying the weather patterns. I have the brugmansias of which Walnut so kindly sent me the seeds, a banana, colocasias etch. I would like some cannas and a tetrapanax, it will all come together in time. It is very inspiring to see all your gardens and get ideas (and seeds ;) thanks again Walnut.)

14. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Walnuts great Ivory, I have 3 Brugs in my garden started from seed, gratefully recieved from Walnut, just waiting for them to flower. I would love to plant them in my tropical border but its too Sunny :( I check them every day for buds :) I dont know why bacause I dont know what im looking for haha..
    Sounds Like your borders coming along fine, i added loads of "homemade" compost before i planted anything and i think it shows. I know you will succeed because the rest of your garden is Fantastic...Dee...

15. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    I took a pic of my Favourite plant in the garden this morning, It has another 2 fronds growing in the last 2 weeks, I think it Looks Fantastic, but another one i can't put in my tropical border because of the sun..unless someone say's different :D

[​IMG]