Need a push

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Little Miss Road Rage, Mar 7, 2009.

1. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,984
    Blimey kristen that is very good - you are going to be (already have been!) busy. I can't spot any gaps in your calendar or spot an obvious veg you aren't growing - are you self sufficient in veg?

You've put me to shame - all I've done so far is sow some tomatoes. I'm going to be pinching your calendar and trying to catch up a little this coming weekend.

Come on Little Miss, think about how nice it will be to taste those first home grown toms in the summer.

2. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,668
    "are you self sufficient in veg?"

Trying to be ... what I grew last year was a bit hit & miss, have just harvested the last of the Parsnips, have a few leeks and Brussels left, and a couple of celeriac, then nothing until this years stuff comes on stream ... middle April earliest I think

Just looking down my calendar we're in the lean harvest months:

Feb Leek, Jerusalem artichoke

Mar Purple Sprouting Broccoli, Spring cabbage, Leek

Apr Broad Bean (Autumn sown), Purple Sprouting Broccoli, Spring cabbage & Cauliflower, Asparagus

May Broad Bean, Spring Cauliflower, Radish, Carrots, Spring onion, Asparagus

3. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Come on Lil miss, I sowed my tomatoes yesterday-you can't have a newbie showing you up can you??

4. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    lol I still haven't done anything but I'm thinking about it which a slight step forward lol

5. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,668
    What What What What?

You used to be indecisive and now you aren't so sure?!!

Pull finger out ... insert one seed ... put finger back in again a bit to one side ... repeat !!

6. treehouse

treehouse Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Flippin heck! I've come onto this site, for a bit of rest and relaxation with the gardening community, and I've just had my mind blown. I wasn't expecting that veg planting calender to suddenly pop up and get me. Bloody hell it's given me quite a fright! What with my blood pressure readings being high and all that, I think I might need to tread more carefully around here. Kristen, thanks for the planner, but I think I may need a small dose of alcohol before I can properly understand it. ....LMRR, pace yourself, consider your next move very carefully... you can always nip off down to the garden centre/car boot sale in a few weeks time and get some little plants when you feel more ready for it!

7. Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +23,865
    Yes... LMRR take your time... you just let all your procrastinating wash over you... soon be autumn anyway so why bother lol :D

8. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    lol well I have cut my conifers down out the front so I spose that's a start