1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Neighbour Spraying Fence Paint

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by Bandit, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :thankyou: Bandit for adding the pic's mate :thumbsup:

So she wants you to go along and make all your boarder level with that 4ft fencing and you have a selection of different plants and your apple tree is in full bloom [​IMG]….I think she's doing it deliberate in my opinion anyway plus that fencing is open, I thought it was closed fencing ;)

2. Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Now you've added this one...I would get 6ft metal sheeting and put them all along, so none of your plants or tree's can get harmed and she knows she's going to harm your plants with open fencing :nonofinger: but at least you've gone along and trimmed along :thumbsup:
    It doesn't me you've got to keep them there, only until she's done her spraying.

We have a neighbour 3 doors away who sprayed his fencing on a windy day and when the neighbour 2 doors down went out on his back the next morning, his conservatory was covered on the one side...issues like this get you mad :wallbanging:

3. Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    @Bandit just mentioned your post to my hubby and he said what ever work is being done by a person, it's their responsibility to make sure that no harm comes to the neighbours property e.g cars / plants / property etc and he also said if she owns the property she should have home insurance that covers liability :)

4. Bandit

Bandit Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +10
    The problem is ive been looking for a picture of the front of the house because its 26 steps to the front door level around the side of the house and then there are step up again nearly the same level as the front.
    I know she was expectimg me to cut it down level as the original fence was about that height but the mother never sprayed any fence's.
    I would like this fence sprayers banned due to idiots like her, asked her before to use a brush hadn't got the time. Didn't want to talk to me this week avoiding me as her boyfriend about 2 or 3 weeks started shouting about putting up a fence hoping to make my garden dark and nothing would grow but the posts for fence on my property secretly behind hedge, her mother put a stop to that by telling her its not her property and would have to ask me for permission.

• Informative Informative x 1
      Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      It sounds like you definitely have a neighbour on your hands totally out to make trouble for you at any cost...if the posts was put behind the hedge then you'd have to re-fetch them out.

I would this link regarding the citizens advice...I know it refers to the council but they will also help you as well if it can't be stopped and it also tells you want info to collect :)

Complaining about your neighbour

• CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
      Ratings:
      +30,616
      Wait a minute. So you know her mother, the owner? What's to stop you asking the owner of the property to please stop her daughter from spray painting your plants and trees?

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Bandit

Ratings:
        +10
        Found out the daughter has the house in her name. She was reasonable but has got worse because found out what she wanted to. Her mother always seems to be on holiday when she starts to try doing anything.
        My property at the back is a right of way which runs behind her house , mine and finally the neighbour next door, she wanted to build on the right of way putting a massive summer house with a parking space for her on the right of way and summer house infront looking out over the properties on either side .
        I objected pointing out this was a right of way not her property to build on.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
        • CanadianLori

Battle Axe
          Ratings:
          +30,616
          Well, I'd be watchful. Run out with the cheapie painter's plastic sheeting that you can by for probably less than £10 and throw it over everything in her path. And I would not cater to her trimming requests. Your hedge, your shears, your choice. Probably best to just ignore her.

• Agree Agree x 1
          • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
            +0
            Lori it's like she's enjoying it having @Bandit lowering himself to her every need...sounds like a load of trouble to me ;)

• HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
            Ratings:
            +16,246
            Sounds a whole lot more than a fence spraying problem here........

• Agree Agree x 2
            • martin-f

martin-f Plant Hardiness Zone 8b

Ratings:
              +10,302
              That is where your problem lies, some people don't like been told what they can and cant do, they will and are finding ways to get to you and your falling right into there trap more you bite more you will get :dbgrtmb:.

• Agree Agree x 2
              • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
                +0
                Martin thank god i'm next to neighbours I hardly see mate :phew:

• Agree Agree x 1
                • CanadianLori

Battle Axe
                  Ratings:
                  +30,616
                  Things must be soooo different over there. Someone tries that nonsense here and they would be quickly told to stop. And face nasty consequences if encroaching their neighbour's ability to enjoy their property. Sometimes civility has to be enforced.

Nasty stuff. Not all neighbours are considerate but sounds like you don't have any problems with the other side thank goodness.

Do you have a thong that you could wear whilst gardening? That might encourage the neighbour to preserve your hedge and other vegetation :heehee:

• Funny Funny x 3
                  • Bandit

Ratings:
                    +10
                    Well im just going get on doing my Garden and ignore her I know that she hates being ignored.
                    If they try and cut down my hedge without my permission the only thing I can do is put up a 6ft high wire mesh fence but it is going to have to be approx. 60ft in length, a solid fence would get blown over in the wind.

• Like Like x 1
                    • wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
                      Ratings:
                      +89,881
                      That's it add oil on the fire:lunapic 130165696578242 5:

Why don't you try talking to her if that don't work offer to paint her fence for her,its only once a year;):whistle::blue thumb:

• Like Like x 2
                      • Friendly Friendly x 1