New Features Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by Richard.R, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Why has my post count gone down to nothing and I've lost all my rep and thanks? It's a bit off that the rep and the thanks was introduced and we were encouraged to use it and so we built it up and its all gone. So now when the "fun" stuff is introduced I won't have much money

2. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,668
    LMRR the admins say that they will be restoring that from the old system. A number of people are similarly effected

3. Little Miss Road Rage

Ratings:
    +1
  4. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Hello admins & mods, can't see where else to post this so am just joining the end of this. Sorry if it's wrong.

I got an e-mail to tell me gc was going down & that I would get one (an e-mail) when it was up and running again. Haven't had the latest e-mail. Kept trying to no avail. Contact with another member told me it was up & running, but until today haven't been able to log in (or even access). I am feeling really dumb now & not just how I usually feel, lol, cos I seem to have missed ages on here - it's like a time warp! Please can you explain why?

Thanks mates.

cheers

5. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    Hooray, my post count is back to what it should be. Guess its happening slowly but surely :gnthb:

6. Little Miss Road Rage

Ratings:
    +1
    Cool I'll await mine returning lol

7. Little Miss Road Rage

Ratings:
    +1
    Are u still returning peoples post counts??? Cause mine hasn't been returned

8. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
  9. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
  10. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Ummm post counts, not that its really important...but it seems mine have all dissappeared (along with others above here). Is there some problem or issue we should know about?

I say problem merely because other member details are restored, such as username, password, email etc so should also have been restored?

Regards

Steve...:)

11. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
  12. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
  13. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,477
    :) Hello Steve and Cutie .... I'm here .... but I can't answer the question. :scratch:

I do have a question however .... why do I appear to be the ONLY person who has NOT LOST postings? .... I was 1000 behind Marley, now I'm nearly 3000 ahead and Pal was in the 5 figures I believe also ... and I've not been 'speaking' much lately. :help: And I lost 5 Grand in money ... not that I plan on gambling any away and I'll probably have to give what I've got now to charity ....

These are questions for the Admin Crew and not the Mod Squad me'thinks .... :flag:

14. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :scratch: Hi Steve & YDD, well I am here but not sure if I will be much help........:dh: As you know I was away for November so missed the second changeover that happened.....

I do know that when that happened a few posts became "locked" & sadly some lost completely...!!
    Unfortunately the locked threads have stayed that way, so new threads have been started to replace some of them...........!

:( Sadly if you posted in any of those threads then you will have lost your post counts for them, giving you a reduced number of posts.....!!

:thmb: If you have a large number of posts missing then I recommend you contact Nathan, or Daisees (Admin) by PM.... (Not BM he is away) They are the only ones who can do this..... Some post can be restored, but you have to contact them as they will not know otherwise.....!:thmb:

:dh: I hope this helps explain why, but as I say Nathan or Daisees are the ones to PM.......!!:thmb: Sorry I can't help more...:)

15. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    I write php for sites forums/galleries and such and therefore manage databases etc etc And it does not seem right is all.

<-- Click my name here to the left for example then click view all posts by me, and see the long list of posts I have made...therefore they are not missing! But my post count on this side here --> says only 18.

Now th reason I brought up this problem was not because my post count is low, I dont really care for such things and care not a jot if the count is 2 or 2000, but I do care if there is a problem because it will continue to grow untill sometning much worse happens...to my mind it needs resolving asap....that would be my concern and action if I was running things.

Its been a few years since I last used vBulletion (this forum software) but there must be an option to recount and recalculate posts ammounts, if not then an SQL query could be run via phpmyadmin to resolve all these issues. vBulletin is paid for so help from their support area could also be obtained too, even if its minimal it all helps.

Keep the shine on this new install and dont let dust settle on it.! Let it get dirty and it will break down.

Steve...:)