New Features Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by Richard.R, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    Here's a neat website, cabbage. Tells you them all

http://www.gaarde.org/Acronyms/

2. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    I dont know why or how you have to pay Andy as none of us have any GC money:cnfs: It was took back off us....

3. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +49,210
    YDD you have £GC: 19,910 - I can see it in your post above - I'm confused as well!

4. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Well I lost all my money and no one's bothered to give it back I'd made over 1000 posts too

5. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,474

:)Hi cabbage. Firstly, welcome back to GC.

Secondly, I don't think your actual questions were answered so I'll try.

You have been away for quite a long time and things have changed significantly here.

As to the initials .... are you referring to £GC? If so, this is money you accumulate according to your postings (and possible length of time with GC ????) and you can use this money to play the games in the Arcade listed on the green bar near the top of each page. Rep Power is your Reputation ... and I am sorry but I cannot explain that as I am not really au fait with that myself. :dh:

One of the things is we have changed hosts are are now with vBulletin. Previously you possibly used a particular Log In name (in my case it was my real name) but with the changeover it seems we had to use our User Name (at the time mine was Lady of Leisure). I could still use the same password but my User ID changed. Perhaps you were John Doe and now you are cabbage but with the same password? You should just be cabbage now .... (no offence intended) ....

Hopefully things will become clearer for you and you will enjoy GC again which has many new additions of interest and is very active.

6. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    At least one of the moderator's is actually reading the posts and replying with the right answers. Well done Victoria.

7. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    Well, I must be feeling benevolent today, I finally searched and searched until I found the place where I can adjust the cost of the games - so now they are totally free! Hope this sorts some of the issues. Since they are free, it seemed only right there should be no prizes either, just the joy of being the champion!

As for the £GC, well, I'll try to get with Nathan and Stu to chat about that. I'd make some adjustments but I can't see how to do that now, either! You wouldn't credit how unbelievably complicated it all is behind the scenes!

Well, at least y'all got me on a learning curve!

And LMRR, this is my sixth post this month - I read this thread often as do the other admins.

8. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    ^ Well done :gnthb::gnthb::gnthb:

9. mossym

mossym Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    i'm back down to 1 again as well, but i only had 50, not 1000:oops:

10. NewbieGreen

NewbieGreen Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I only see a few threads in each section, have all the old threads from last year been wiped or not copied over to this new format of forum?

11. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,474
    :) Hi NewbieGreen.

If you go into a new section, scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will see a Display Options section (for some unknown reason mine seems to be set and default to the Last 2 months .... although I don't have it set for this :scratch:) .... click on the down arrow there and click on how far you want to go back to view.

Hope this helps. :)

12. barb

barb Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello I am new to this forum, my name is barb. Hope this is the right place to start? sure someone will put me wise if it is not.

13. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Hello Barb:)
    Go to the Home page and post your 'Hello' in the 'New Members Introduction' thread
    Welcome anyway:gnthb:

14. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    Barb, somehow your post got duplicated so I moved one of them into the New Members Introduction in a thread called "Barb says hello!" If you need anymore help finding your way around, please pm Paladin, Victoria, wiseoldowl, Banana Man or me and we'll be happy to help you out.

There's also a lot of stuff in the How To .......... forum which you'll find useful.

Those two phrases that are green and underlined are links, by the way, so just click on them and - voila! - you'll be there as if by magic!

15. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Think I've lost a few pounds...I suddenly feel a bit thinner...

Steve...:)