New house new garden

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Helofadigger, Jul 8, 2007.

1. mgn

mgn Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Helen, they probably will be attracted to the other neighbours tins. I'm sure my cats have probably driven people up the wall before, but i always say better to have cats in your garden than other peoples kids [​IMG]
    an alotment is a big responsibility. my dads in his mid 70's now and i think it probably has kept him going despite his bad back every year and this trapped nerve. we've offered to do the digging and any heavy stuff so he can keep it going, but you know he wont ask - he'll just get on with it then be in agony - it's called john wayne syndrome. lots of men suffer with it!

oh cant wait for some nice weather now - isnt it spring already...

2. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Whiley votes updated photos of yorkshire terriers and gardens!

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    :D
    I'll try and do so later today sweetheart.

Today I'm gonna do 'a Whiley' and get Bob to take me to the local nursey to get some alpines for my front walk way .....fingers crossed I can twirl him round my little finger! :D
    Helen.xxx.

4. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha yay. People can 'pull a whiley' [​IMG]

I've got an interesting reputation in the making, and i'm strangely proud of it.

5. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Everyone, Whiley`s been pulled. :D [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry David she's already been taken :(

I did manage to 'con' Bob into a visit to the g.c yesterday we needed some starch for my ironing and go to Wilkco's for it which just happens to pass by the g.c. [​IMG]

Sadly the alpines were in a shocking state so I didn't buy any of them but I did buy 6 wonderful dwarf Dianthus which only grow 6 or 8 inches high so will not over take the path as the lavender did and strangely enough one of them is called Kandy Floss! :D
    Helen.xxx.

7. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Harrr cheers David [​IMG]

I actually managed to con my dad into a garden centre trip on the way home from his last night because 'we were running early and its in the way and besides we havent seen it since it was rennovated' [​IMG] but then it was closed early for some reason, so bah.

But dawrr dianthus would look adorable on a path!

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Been a right busy bee in the garden or at least in the front and side ones of which are both looking pretty nice even if I do say so myself.

The wonderfully coloured and very cheap primroses that we got from B&Q (24 plants for a quid!) have come into their own and are looking pretty amazing the ones in the side garden might have been eaten by the slugs the little b*ggers but as I said the front ones look lovely just a shame I planted them in lines....next time I'll plant in groups I think!

I removed the thorn clippings and yes you guessed it next door's deaf cat dropped a nice gift for me in my front garden it didn't even cover it up :eek: ... I'm gonna get a high power water blaster gun in summer and go Rambo style on the critter!

On the plus side the girls (Pepsi and Jovi) can now join me in the front garden without no fear of getting thorns in their paws they have just gotta to learn how to behave themselves those Yorkies are indeed right terrors!

I really should make time to take some pictures but by the time I finish it's already getting dark.

Popping out later today you never know I might just visit a gc....just don't tell Bob! [​IMG]
    Helen.xxx.

9. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah blinking cats Helen! No boubt i'm going to have the same issues here. ShelyadArtemis use the litter tray as they both live inside and Shelby rarely ventures out. But its like the cat ghetto out there, and we're almost entirely gravelled, so not sure what to do about that!

Bless those yorkiethings! I've seen some spaz out before, they're mental.

Supersoaker would be a brilliant investment. Get it on camera.

10. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    hello yorkshiiirees braveheart... no i havnt jost it just had so much on at work and needed to finish a few jobs off whilst there wasnt much to do in the garden. hows the pain hope its sorted ,in the past week ive noticed the dog diggin in my borders in back garden and getting filthy and my dog is not a digger. anyway it turns out he digging up cat poo any tips after all you must be an expert living next door to catwoman. :D

[ 07. February 2008, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Daisees ]

11. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    *thanks the heavens her cat lives indoors*

*and also it isn't in Manchester*

12. mgn

mgn Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i was right about cat poo. i always said it is good for a garden.

when i was digging over the garden, the right hand side had no worms -- then i get to the top, the in place to poo, full of worms!!!!!

YAY FOR CAT POO [​IMG]

now i am signing off, quick!

true though, worms breed in it, they eat it, they love the stuff! slugs eat it too, keeps them off your plants.
    i've got 2 litter trays so get your orders in. only �£1 a bag!

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys

Whiley I hate to admit it but we still have one of the lads pellet guns I have to make sure Bob doesn't find it as goodness knows what he would do! Only last summer the cat in question was sitting on top of catwoman's outhouse and I only just stopped Bob in time from blasting the cat with the hose pipe she was in her garden and would have seen Bob for sure...I nearly got blasted myself as I was in the range of his spray as he was turning round to fire!

Ste my man I thought you had gone awol!

The pain in my butt has almost gone which could be because I'm a walking junkie at the moment taking six kinds of drugs....not bad for a doctor who didn't want me to take anymore!

It's not nice to have to clean someone else's poop up is it? I hope your dog isn't trying to eat it! :eek:

Maybe one of those sonic cat scarers might work for you all mine worked fine except on the deaf cat of course and it doesn't seem to bother my yorkies.

I'ave found one on ebay the link is below they run on two square batteries or mains but you don't get a mains hook-up with it.I brought some rechargeable batteries for mine so they last much longer.

You can also switch the device on or off via a switch underneath so if you have cat activity more so at night you can switch it on before you go to bed.

LINK

Mgn I don't mind removing all the cat poop as I just throw it back over the hedge what gets me is the smell of it all and also because it's using my garden as a toilet. I really think the lass should make an area for her cats to 'use' in her own garden after all I did for ours.

I would get another cat but can't stand the thought of getting another one 2006 was not a good year for my pets as I lost both our cat Tiger and my beloved fur baby Dude it gets harder to cope with the loss as you get older. :(
    Helen.xxx.

[ 07. February 2008, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Daisees ]

14. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Mgn drop us your addy we can then post all the cat poo to you, would you want it double wrapped to keep all the goodness in? [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    helen think its the pellet gun for me [​IMG] glad the pain in the butt isnt playing up as much. hope your well enough to give bob a crack with that stick. hows the garden now are you getting there with it.ps dont forget the poo flinging comp "helofadigger cup"