New house new garden

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Helofadigger, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    That's nuts :D

What cordy is that, sundance ? Looks pretty all planted up.

2. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Certainly starting to take shape. I wouldn't worry too much about the squirrel and the duck. It's early days yet and they will grow into their frames (or cages?) It's looking better already and will end up gorgeous, I am sure.

3. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    its looking good helen when do you and bob get a day off? [​IMG]

4. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    its looking great Helen,you two must be worn out [​IMG] i love everything youve done Fab.DEE

5. Sar

Sar Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Helen, it looks like you and Bob are making sterling progress with your garden [​IMG] Keep up the great work!

I'm looking forward to doing the same thing myself [​IMG]

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks guys for the praise, I'll pass in on to Bob when he gets up!

I loved gardening at our old house but didn't want a huge change there as everything was so nice and mature all which I planted myself some twenty odd years ago, But it's really nice to have a plank canvas and try 'new' ideas and as you can guess I'm really enjoying myself if only the pennies would go further!

Hi BM yes the cordy is Sundance it's a beauty isn't it? I just had to buy it...do you have any ideas what else I can look out for?

Thanks John ...it all takes time to fill out but that's the fun of taking pictures.

Hi Ste no days off for me and Bob it's only time to rest in bed or when we go to the movies and we go to the movies an awful lot maybe 3 or 4 times a week last one was 'Death proof' very poor film but Kurt Russell was pretty good!

Hi Dee I'm a bit green with envy as your garden is so very neat and tidy most of ours is a bomb site....don't think we will finish it this year!

Hi Sar welcome to the forums by the way...still so much more to do and the weather is always against us but I'm sure we will get there just as I'm sure you will too and hope you enjoy yourself along the way. ;)

Any ideas, tips etc. are always welcome. [​IMG]
    Helen.xxx.

7. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    hello yorkshires braveheart sorry, helen its ever since you said you give bob a good whacking with the stick garden looking really good hope you still getting plenty of help. i always po into this page just to see how its coming along either that or im just nosey [​IMG] do we know how big our flamingo trees are going to grow .think ill put it in the tree section tmoz and get all the info on it.

[ 07. February 2008, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Daisees ]

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Ste
    Yorkshire Braveheart is it?

You can't take our FREEDOM she screams throwing yorkshire puds out of the window...Although I dare bet Bob would like some now and again....that's yorkshire puds and his freedom. :D

Nice to know you pop back now and again to 'see' any progress we may have been making.

Nothing much has been happening in the garden because of the rotten weather although I have been to the movies quite a bit this week but no chick flicks thankfully I hate them although Bob loves them the big softie...loads more movies has just been released yesterday so I'll be back again next week! :D

Regarding our Flamingo trees I hope you have one that is the ideal size for you at the moment because that's the size it will always be I'm afraid.... it doesn't get any taller but the top thickens out lovely.

I have to write that I was 'just' lucky before we purchased ours I found out it wouldn't get any taller so I brought one of a decent hight that I would be happy with.

Another thing to look out for is any suckers sprouting out of the donor tree it's a 'normal' size willow and as you wouldn't want one of those giants in your garden you have to make sure you cut the suckers off.
    Hope this helps.
    Helen.xxx.

9. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    where you up to with the garden helen or is the
    bum still giving you hassle :mad:

10. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Ste yes you are so right still suffering from the pain in my a*s so much so look what time I'm up!
    Haven't done much in the garden just dug a new border.

I seem to have spent an awful lot of time this week at the movies, I have seen five in all this week! :eek:

Only problem at the pictures I have to keep lifting my backside..... it must look so funny to other people like I'm breaking wind....I must add I'm not and there's no smell honest you can check! :D
    Helen.xxx.

11. Joihann

Joihann Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Your garden is beautiful Helen. Emma was trying to show me how to put the pics on some sort of homepage thingy but Alex turned the computer off half way through! lol so have to wait til tomorrow now. I have taken some pics today though so hopefully you will all be able to have a laugh!

12. RavenMad

RavenMad Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Love the pics! I could take a photo of my patch of grass and *that* cordy, but er..I won't bother. [​IMG]

13. NewbieGreen

NewbieGreen Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    First thing Helen, is do you have a movie reivew thread in non-gardening? If not you should :D

Secondly, i love your sweat-pea growth. I've grown some from seed and its currently in my cold-frame. Grown from seed [​IMG] I'm too eager [​IMG]

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Joi it's nowhere near as we want it yet we still have so much more to do and it costs so many pennies.....but each little part we do always gives me a buzz as you can see what the garden can become.

I'm not much good at this computer thing I only know what I need to know if you know what I mean. :D

Although having two sons that are very computer savy does help an awful lot and doesn't cost me a thing to get the information out of them which is pretty lucky [​IMG]

Thanks Ravenmad I go a little crazy every so often don't take pictures for a while and then click,click, CLICK I can't seem to stop!

Go on don't be afraid about posting some pictures I love looking at garden photo's and I'm sure its not as bad as you imagine it is....let us have a look and make our own minds up about your patch.

Newbie I never thought of that as I wasn't sure that there were others on here that are as crazy as me about going to the movies.

The sweetpea growth has been crazy and I have to admit this was the first year I ever tried to grow them and as a added bonus most of them are the highly scented variety which fills the whole air with a lovely fragrance....if you haven't got any of these it is well worth getting hold of some!

As for sowing them now in your coldframe that's fine as The National Sweet Pea Society (who knows a thing or two about sweet peas :D )says the following on their web site;

'to get the best from your seeds you should consider planting them in autumn (late September to early November) or winter (January to February). This will enable you to have stronger and earlier flowering plants'

So you are doing the right thing Newb and also breaking in your cold frame into the bargain...I'ave just got some cuttings in mine and most of them are doing pretty well.
    Helen.xxx.

15. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    hi helen are you back in gardening action yet or are you still taking it easy [​IMG]