New house new garden

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Helofadigger, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Sandra if you can catch the cats on your garden why not arm yourself with a water pistol and blast the little critters with it every time you see them, even when they are not doing any mess....they will soon get the message that they are not welcome on your patch!

I buy from ebay every now again but find it a very hit and miss experience some people you can't trust at all and I have had to report a few bad sellers that took my money and not supplied the goods but I always use Paypal so I do get my money back but it just takes time!

Going to carboots is one of my passions along with the garden,movies and reading....I even managed to buy a large amount of wood for our next decking project from a carboot at a bargain price of �£20!

Sadly the morphine isn't working so far as I still can only go 4 hours before I wake-up in terrible pain and to top it all off I have a sty in one of my eyes which as you can imagine is very attractive NOT! :eek:
    Helen.xxx.

2. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    good morning helen

might chance having a look at e-bay, just a look for now i think.

definately going to try & get to the bootie on sunday if it's on. that's a great buy you got on the wood! when are you hoping to do the decking?

sorry to hear that you are still in pain. with all you've been through i wouldn't be suprised to hear that you constantly have stys, cold sores & everything! must be cos you keep yourself so occupied that the bugs can't get you! one must have snuck through to get to your eye - i'm putting a curse on it, ha, ha. would be good if i could wouldn't it?

hope you feel better soon helen. speak soon.
    sandra
    xx

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Sandra
    We were going to start the decking as soon as but what with the pain and all.... things just have not been happening as I do help Bob out with his projects.

Bob's hoping to start the decking when we come back from our little break in Newbury in a couple of weeks time of which I hope I'm semi fit for!

Our youngest son Harry is playing in a a huge computer event with his online team at the racecourse down there and one team mate is coming from Sweden or Denmark (I forget which) to stay with us before hand and to ride down with Harry in his car.

Mum and dad go down every time just to make sure everything's ok for the guys although we don't cramp their style as we do our own thing and stay a couple of miles away from them all in a hotel but it's nice to know we are close to them if they need us!

As for that sty Sandra your curse most have worked as it's going down a treat although I now seem to be getting huge bags under the eyes!

Could you try another one to see if you can sort them out for me! :D
    Helen.xxx.

4. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    hi helen
    lost the last post - blinmey, i wish it was as easy to post things as it was to lose them!
    to start again - i'm going to try out my 'curse' on other things!
    i get 'shingles' on my face. today the nerve has started up again, so i will probably get blisters somewhere on my face. should have known actually, cos i got a little spot that was itchy & took no notice. now i will have something worse than yours helen, unless i zap it with 'cream'. bad thing is by the time you' know it's coming, it's too late.
    so stye gone for you, now do me some magic back.
    i wish i knew how to do funny smileys or whatever. seem to be boring on here.
    i'm not - am i?
    i'm so glad you keep with your family. will have to go to another thread/pm cos i want to talk!
    speak soon.
    sandra

5. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    hiya helen hope all is going better with the pain
    at least your going to get a little break in newbury it might help to take the your mind of it a little.hope that morphine is starting to help. catch ya soon and take it easy till you can control the pain [​IMG]

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,429
    Hi Sandra
    I see in your post that you say you can't do smileys. If you look to the left of where you type in your replies you will see two words in blue that say 'Instant Graemlins'. Click on that and a window will pop up with all the smileys on it. Just click on the smiley you want and it will go into your text. The smiley will only go at the end of whatever you have typed so you have to put it in as you go along.

If you want to put it somewhere in your text after you have done some more typing then you need to highlight all the typing after where you want to put it, then right click on your mouse, click on 'cut' and it will remove the highlighted text, add your smiley [​IMG] and then right click again and click on 'paste'. Your text will then be pasted back after the smiley.

Good luck :D

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Sandra sorry to hear about your shingles I do hope your affliction doesn't last long and that you still manage to smile.

I'ave sent you a little something that might cheer you up via p/m. ;)

Ste the morphine doesn't work great but then again I think it's only a very small dose but saying that I'm sleeping a little better basically anywhere other than bed....on the sofa, at the movies, in the waiting room at the hopsital even in the car thank goodness I'm not the one that drives now! :eek:
    Helen.xxx.

8. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    thank you helen & shiney.
    i'm going to put a smiley in this message, ta da! hope it works. [​IMG]
    just put it in and it doesn't show as a smiley, just writing. hope it changes when i post.
    cheers
    sandra

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,429
    By Jove! You've done it. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :D :D

Just a word of warning. If you put too many in a posting you may lose the whole post. I think the limit per posting is 8.

10. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    thanks shiney, seen that limit.
    i'm just glad to get one in!
    thanks for replying to an 'idiot'.
    pity they don't have a smiley for that.

like your tag by the way (that is the end sentence isn't it?).

cheers
    sandra

11. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    sandra were learning all the time on GC ;) isnt it great [​IMG]

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,429
  13. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    ooo and sandra the end sentence is your signature [​IMG] i learned that too, fab. if you go into your profile you can write your own :cool:how cool is that...

14. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    thanks
    might learn it if i ever get enough time - i'm on here and find somthing to look through 2 years ago so it takes some time for me!
    husband is in now so have to go for a while.
    cheers all.
    sandra

15. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Way to go Sandra [​IMG]

If you click the 'Preview Post' button before you 'Add Reply' you will be able to see your little faces in action!

I'm sure you will be having loads of fun adding the little guys to your posts and 'we' others will be wondering why we helped unlease a monster Graemlin! :eek: just kidding! :D :D
    Helen.xxx.