New Puppy... help needed!

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by SallyJ, Jul 19, 2006.

1. fmay

fmay Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Banana man - I'm confused! What cross is your lurcher?
    We used to have working patterdales and lakelands mainly from the Lake District. My OH used to judge at terrier and lurcher shows.
    Our current lurcher is 3/4 whippet 1/4 greyhound expecting her to be about 35lbs - she's a whopping 60 pounds and as wimpish as they come!

2. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    My Lurcher was a mistake between a massive randy lurcher which I believe is a deerhound/greyhound x Blue Mearle collie/greyhound mix and one of his sneaky patterdales which got into his area. The picture you see is the result, nobody wanted the puppies but I think my B-i-law was a bit gutted when he saw what a cracker she turned into. I love whippets but the females which we tend to go for are a bit weedy, so I was thrilled when Jelly our female mistake dog turned into near to my perfect male whippet sized lurcher.

The mother patterdale is pure patterdale although I think the breed standards for this terrier are somewhat disputed. But the father, was the same but longer haired and I think if I remember correctly had some more recent terrier mixes like border and JR. Im sure my B-i-L said that the pats have bull terrier blood in their line somewhere too ?

Put some lurcher pics up if you have them we are all suckers for pooches. Jelly is a major wimp too!

BM [​IMG]