Newbie - garden makeover - help please!

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by igloo, Apr 20, 2016.

1. igloo

igloo Gardener

Ratings:
    +58
    I would like to put some climbers in yeah. I can either put something in where the borders are or maybe something in a pot? Not sure what would work in my shady garden?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +53,892
      As long as the garden gets some sun you should be able to get away with quite a few different climbers. There are many types of Clematis you could choose from and as long as you select those that aren't rampant growers they will do well in the ground or in pots. Passiflora and Honeysuckle are pretty reliable too. :) If you have a look around local nurseries you may come across something more unusual that will be happy in your garden too.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Anthony Rogers

Anthony Rogers Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        Hi Igloo,

I've only just caught up with this thread.

You've done a fantastic job, you should be proud :)

There are many lovely climbers out there, both perennial and annual. In fact for some near instant colour you can still pick up pots of Sweet Peas to plant direct where they're to flower.

• Like Like x 2