newbie saying 'ello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by al n, Sep 1, 2011.

1. al n

al n Total Gardener

self employed
    Ratings:
    +3,267
    cheers guys, made up with the way its coming along. just the planting and a few other additons to go, then enjoy it for the spring/summer :-)

2. al n

al n Total Gardener

self employed
    Ratings:
    +3,267
    hi all, another update.

very busy today, my back tho has had it:cry3:

built the little one a play house with sand pit, gave the newel posts and spindles a couple of coats of timber protect and another coat on the shed.the gate also had another 2 coats.

debs wedding 042.JPG deck 001.JPG deck 002.JPG Also, the raised bed is clear of the logs and dug over and all the weeds are gone ready for planting after i have put a weed suppressant down (i wouldn't like to be the guy who collects the organic recycling bin, i can hardly move it!)View attachment 3872View attachment 3872 debs wedding 045.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • gcc3663

gcc3663 Knackered Grandad trying to keep up with a 4yr old

Ratings:
      +1,663
      Look out Al N.
      There'll be moves afoot soon to get you to manufacture borders around your new lawn.
      Now you've got everything sorted, you'll need something to keep you occupied whilst the Soaps are on:heehee:

• al n

al n Total Gardener

self employed
      Ratings:
      +3,267
      oh, those borders are a comin'.............. :blue thumb:bottom right hand side will have a triangular shape, as will the end by the gravel/deck.
      the garage side will accommodate either 1 long raised bed made from either deck boards or railway sleepers, or 3 individual ones of the same material (i cant decide which to go for tho!!)

been looking at the planting, but i can't afford to do it all at once so will start with the bed at the bottom behind the shed.

one things for sure tho, there will be a few hanging baskets!! :)

• Like Like x 2