1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NHS Don't you just love the administration?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Doghouse Riley, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +2,244
    My doctor suggested I go for a check-up at the local ENT clinic. I don't think it's serious.

Anyway, I received a letter today inviting me to use the on-line NHS booking system.
    It's dead easy and very quick. It was done in a few seconds. I had a huge range of appointment times from which to choose on the next available date....

Err...At the end of August.

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

joinery
    Ratings:
    +20,777
    Funny you should bring this up.
    I needed an MRI scan on my back, so was waiting for around 10 days and no appointment arrived.
    Being a member of Benenden Hospital I downloaded their form and took it to my GP surgery, they seemed to not like the idea of filling it in, it was pretty straight forward, a 10yr old could fill it in, but I needed the referral from my GP.

Two days later I received a letter from my surgery, stating I should book an online appointment with a local private hospital, which I did and had the scan in a week.;):biggrin:

Apparently, I seem to have read somewhere, you are within your rights to be referred to any hospital of your choice.

• Like Like x 1