Nick names how did you choose yours

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Dianthus, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    Mine is also simple. I'm a gardener living in West Sussex. I use the same name on other forums, but prefix it with biker instead of gardener.

I always though LOL meant Laugh out loud. Hey ho.

2. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,668
    "Errr, its my name .:D

I also lack imagination.:thmb:
    "

Errr, its my name .:D

I also lack imagination.:thmb:

:D :D :D :D

"I use the same name and password for all my log ins ,it saves my memory"

Take care to use something different for your logon details for your bank, eBay, PayPal and the like. They have (we hope!) greater security of the logon data than most general purposes sites, so should be safe, but "general sites" may have less secure systems, and you wouldn't want a hacker who gets access to one forum site to then be able to access you Bank etc.

3. Dianthus

Dianthus Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    jazmine and clueless1 - your prob right :ntwrth:as I am quite new to short cut typing :cnfs:

Victoria I understood what you typed before I read the translation prob because I can speak spanish :gnthb:

4. Dianthus

Dianthus Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes was thinking Dianthus what ya think eh :D

5. strawman

strawman Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    At first I thought that scarecrow would make an ideal user name with links to gardens and the countryside, but it just wasnâ??t me. Then suddenly it came to me, strawmanâ?¦and here I am.:yho::thmb:

6. Alice

Alice Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +81
    My daughter tells me I just live in Woderland - I think she means off the planet - so it had to be Alice.

7. Dianthus

Dianthus Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi strawman i much prefer to it to scarecrow

Hi Alice im not on this planet much of the time either see you at the hatters party some time

Love these explaination they are great keep them coming folks

8. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Nick Name--don't really call what I use in the forums as a traditional "Nick Name" To me a Nick Name is some name that was label to you by a friend long time ago to equate you with something about you, your look, a connection of some sort.
    I actually made up my forum user name originally for my email, it came from me being a natural redhead and that my first name means star. So that it.

9. Katherna

Katherna Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Mines taken from a character I play in a MMORPG I've gotten so used to the name over the years I've tended to use it for forum names as it's never been taken.
    I really love some of the reasons for the user names - mines not that exciting.

10. Dianthus

Dianthus Gardener

Ratings:
    +0

I suppose nick name was the wrong term really ....what I really meant was you use a forum name :dh:

11. Dianthus

Dianthus Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Katherna....... I like it its unusual ......but more to the point what is MMORPG :scratch:

12. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Lady, you can't be anything else other than "Lady" :luv:

Took mine from the initials of the first g-children. Haven't bothered changing it now, 'cause it would take up the whole of the page:lollol:
    Always the same username on modded sites. On Sports sites, something different. On a Boxing site, maybe I'd be SLAB. Depends on the site.:wink:

13. mztrouble

mztrouble Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    ah mine is because i loved the mr men books when was little and my dad said I was like little miss trouble - ginger hair and naughty but in a nice way... but i'm too old to be a little miss so I've always been mztrouble on most forums :-)

14. Dianthus

Dianthus Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    well what do you think folks got my forum name changed thanks too daisees used to be my full name and i felt a bit unconfortable with that

please keep yours coming they are brill !!!!!!

15. Fidgetsmum

Fidgetsmum Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +865
    I'm happy to be a member of several forums (fora?!!) but when in doing so, comes the 'enter Username and Password'' question, the mind goes blank!

Being the Mum of 3 (now grown up) daughters and having a husband whom we frequently accompanied abroad, I've spent many hours with 3 'fidgety' children onboard various aircraft - in fact to corral them it was easier to say 'Come here fidgets' than to call each by their name! They're still often referred to collectively, as 'the fidgets' although they're marginally easier to control now they're in their 20's :hehe:

It's a whole new language this 'lol' thingy innit? My daughters understand it of course, which is why I get totally incomprehensible txts - a simple, 'Will you be home for dinner?' results in 'SFAIAA WYCMl8r 2 C//? ITMTHAND LYL' which, after some time, I now realise means - 'So far as I'm aware. Will you call me later to check? In the meantime have a nice day. Love you Lots.' Why can't they just say ... Yes? Now there's an ... :idea: