old cracked concrete

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by Carllennon, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Ned

Ned Evaporated

Prime Minister
    Ratings:
    +5,404
    Cor, haven`t seen this idea before...or is that the same stuff you hammer into grass to make parking easier in wet weather @BigC ??

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • BigC

BigC Super Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,765
      I dunno if its a new thing or not perhaps it is...yeah its much the same as the garden grids but heavy duty..I have seen it used on a drive way and whilst it doesnt keep all the gravel in place its a great improvement over loose shingle....you dont really see it and it does a relatively good job

• Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
      Ratings:
      +6,097
      Having consulted my Meercat friend. He says. Szimples. Tirst get rid of the weeds. Then depending upon what you mean by the existing concrete cracking. In practical terms. Here you already have a good concrete base. No need for hardcore, it's already there. Dependin much upon the size of the cracks. Take time and perhas make the cracks a bit wider. Then using a wetter mix of concrete, hand fill the cracks allowing an overlap, now add the new concrete mix do the normal levellingand punning and you should soon have a good hard standing.

• Carllennon

Carllennon Gardener

Techie
      Ratings:
      +246
      I would love the grid stuff, but its so expensive, it is the same cost as block paving in total, so unless you specifically want the grids and gravel, then I would personally rather have block paving.