One year on....and beyond

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by Sheal, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +54,877
    Oh dear Sheal. I am so sad to learn you are having to leave your beautiful hill where you have worked so hard. I cannot believe it has been seven years since you left IoM! However, it sounds ideal with a small cottage garden in a village ... no deer to eat your shrubs. :heehee: But you also won't have the ponies watching you! :sad: So now you have all the packing to do. :hate-shocked: Take care and let us know how you go. Vxx

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • DiggersJo

DiggersJo Keen Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,444
      “Onwards and upwards” @Sheal I’m sure you will often look back and miss the place, but not the work involved. We had a very similar adventure and there is lots we often miss, but also an awful lot we don’t miss. Adding to that we now learn something new (and mostly pleasant) about where we landed. There is something to look forward to once the moving is over – enjoy the new adventure!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
        Ratings:
        +31,253
        I am sad to hear why you need to move but you've got the intelligence to recognize your limitation and find a solution ;) Lots of people try to fight "progress" but from the sounds of it, power grid upgrades hardly ever get sidelined and you'd land up living on a busy road. I think it would be sadder to stay and lose the serenity than leave before it happens.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your pictures. Old and new :)

• Agree Agree x 2
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Blue arbour

Blue arbour Super Gardener

Retired and loving it
          Ratings:
          +944
          I wish you well in your new place @Sheal, and although I’m sure you will miss many aspects of your present garden and home, a new adventure awaits plus you can pack all those memories with you to think back on. It will be lovely to see progress reports of your new place when, and if, you feel up to showing us. :gardening:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
          • Nikolaos

Nikolaos Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +4,435
            @Sheal I do hope you'll still pop in and talk to us even if you're temporarily not gardening, always a pleasure chatting with you! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
              +53,823
              Thank you everyone for your kind and welcome thoughts, they're much appreciated. :)

This move was a decision that had to be made with the head and not the heart. I sat on the back doorstep a few weeks ago looking out over the valley and gave myself a talking too. That done I'm now ready to leave it behind and start afresh with my new home and garden. :gardening:

Thanks @Nikolaos. Yes I will be here to chat with you all as soon as I can and hopefully with initial pics of the new garden. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 3