painting and decorating

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by dancing queen, Jun 26, 2007.

1. kryssy

kryssy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello again Linda.

I can see your head is all of a spin. Having seen the tiles I don't think the green goes - sorry. I think it's sensible not to have a slate floor either - again sorry. Something light would be better. Maybe the walls would look nice in a very pale shade of grey and then accessorise like Glenw suggests, with a vibrant red or blue. I'm doing my downstairs bathroom grey and white with just a hint of red. I haven't done it yet but in my mind's eye it looks good.

All this stress for the bathroom. I hope you haven't got more stress coming for the rest of the house.

Whatever you choose it will be right for you.

Feel the fear - but do it anyway !!

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Do you need slate on the bathroom floor?In all the DIY programmes on the TV they always advise using a floor covering that is easy to keep clean like Flowtex?

A friend of mine has your slate in her kitchen and then out onto the patio and she says it is murder to keep clean inside and out because it shows every mark and every speck of dust...

I would go along with what the others say and do the walls in white and then add the colours in the accessories.Our walls are Magnolia what the builders used,and I hate it.If I had my way all the walls would be white,but Mr Kandy hates white because he says it is too clinical....

3. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,157
    All of our floors are ceramic here and walls white. It doesn't look clinical ... I don't like clinical. I don't know what demon was possessing me however when I chose a white kitchen floor! :eek:

We planned ahead dq and have a hot and cold running shower on the kitchen patio hooked to the kitchen tap ...

[​IMG]

I miss my baths, however, and just can't wait to languish in one ... heaven!

4. kryssy

kryssy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Where do you put the soap LOL?

5. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,157
    We're using Natural Honey, almond liquid soap, and it sits with the shampoos on the BBQ ... where else? As it's next to a herb trough, we could always have a fresh herb scrub! :rolleyes:

6. dancing queen

dancing queen Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    now i could do with a shower like that lol, plumber`s been tonight , boilers not firing up properly seems like we`re gonna have to get the gas people who deal with that boiler (god knows what that will cost ) at least hubby can start to put the shower in now. When i posted photo`s over three weeks ago i jokingly said it could take a couple of months now its looking that way :eek: will let you see the finished result whenever :D

7. kryssy

kryssy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL you're soooo soffistykated - wish I had some !

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    LoL we couldnt do that here we would freeze to death :D

9. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,157
    Well, rosa, I wouldn't be doing it in the winter here either, and you guys seem to be lingering there ... it's usually 20 degrees or more when I shower, as it will be tonight. :D :D