Panoramic Views

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by wiseowl, Jul 13, 2009.

1. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    A grand day dawned today so after 96 miles and 75MPG I have a bucket load pictures to process.
    Here are a few panaramas for you pleasure
    robert

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,650
    Hi Robert and a pleasure they are,cracking shots .:thumb::)

3. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Thanks woo I have a few more to process and some HDR as well. It was a craker of a day. The air up there today was 100% and it was so quite and peaceful. Perfect

4. strawman

strawman Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Lovely 'Wilderness' images, Robert. Where were they shot?

5. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    North York Moors Straw. The biggest area of heather in England, so I`m told.
    It was like going back years today, we drove for miles without seeing cars or people. Just sheep and moorland, dales and amazing views.

There was one time we where jolted into todays world...
    We stopped at place called Ingleby Greenhow, theres a grand view from a car park near the top of a hill. Well, suddenly from behind and over the top of this hill roared a Tornado aircraft. He had hid foot to floor, wings back and banked hard to port as he crossed over us. He was pulling a few Gs and there was vapour patterns coming of the wings.The noise stopped any conversation and scared the pants of OH. Me being ex RAF was hoping he was coming back for another pass so I could get my camcorder ready.!
    I have seen many a fast passes over the years and this guy was pushing it..
    Interesting thing is I looked down the valley after he was gone to see if the cows where spooked, all appeared to be normal..

6. strawman

strawman Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the location, Robert. The moors always have that special air about them, and when you walk over their footpaths, it’s possible that you’ll have the place all to yourself, talk about being peaceful, it’s brilliant!

We have low flying jets over my part of the world, too. I have to admit that the noise is pretty hairy to say the least. At one time, but not so much today, these jets were allowed to fly low over towns, as well as the open countryside. You hear them coming, but you don’t seem to be able to locate their position… until it’s too late and they’ve scared the **** out of you..