Pass the Parcel seed swap

Discussion in 'Swaps/Freebies' started by chengjing, Sep 15, 2008.

1. sweetpeas

sweetpeas Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    I'd say give it till sunday then post it off to willow on monday if you've not heard from her,

2. willow13

willow13 Gardener

Ratings:
    +31
    hi guys,

looking forward to recieving the parcel if pam doesnt reply.

willow k-l

3. sweetpeas

sweetpeas Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    With a couple of holidays it's moveing round quite fast and those that joined recently will be getting it a bit sooner than I thought they would, Enjoy everyone :)

4. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1

Oky doke

5. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Thats great news, I'm really excited and I'm ready to receive it...it'll be on its way from me in under a day, if not the same day!

Steve...:)

6. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Hi all,

As per the last few posts on the below thread...........

http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=17846

I believe it would be prudent to save the addresses of the people next to us on the list somewhere in your computers address book-just in case, or maybe send it to Sweetpeas along with your personal email address.

That way if there are any problems Jo can liase with us should the worst happen.

What do you all think?

7. sweetpeas

sweetpeas Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    That's fine with me, I have a document on word as it is with the list and your address anyway, I'm also happy to make my email address available for a short period of time if anyones really concerned about useing PM.

8. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    I will send you also my email address-just in case

I`m not saying something will happen-just that it might and communication is vital to keep this alive

9. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    This is all my fault, and for that I apologise. I manage quite a few databases, sites and galleries online and have done this for over ten years now. The problem I highlighted is at best a small annoyance..nothing more. But its one where I would (personally) close the site and not open it again untill its fixed and working at 100%, this is just the way I work. Databases are fickle things that can easily go wrong, and it does happen...and its usually grows from small acorns like the one I posted about.

The fix is a relativly easy one in this case and should not be allowed to fester, and there was an assurance from Daisees that it will be looked into.

It would be prudent to have a decent set of communication details for all on the list as one never knows what will happen on the net, for example..anyones net connection can go down, the people who provide the space for GC could have problems or undertake maintenance...the moon could blow up etc etc.

I think if one person had names addresses, phone numbers and email details it should keep the list going great.

And I say again, the problem I reported is not site threatening...but should not exist or be allowed to continue.

10. sweetpeas

sweetpeas Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    Hi Steve, There was a vote and I was voted in last year, As I said I'm more than happy to keep details as long as no-one minds even if it's a just incase either there's problems with the site or internet problems.

If that's what we're going to do then I think all those on the list should have my email at least and I don't have a problem with them haveing my phone number either.

We need a few more people to see what they think about it too

I just hope this doesn't put people off continueing with the parcel and doesn't put off new people too.

11. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    It shouldn't, after all you would need to give your address to someone to receive the seeds in the first place.

I'll pm you my address, phone number and email now..

12. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
  13. sweetpeas

sweetpeas Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    Both received and filed :)

14. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hello - just a flying visit..... I'll PM you my details too... and as I'm on the list after Steve R, I'll send him my details too?? I can't promise to turn it around the same day, but no longer than the next day. Also - silly question (which is probably answered somewhere in this post) - is the parcel small enough to get through a letterbox , as if it isn't, I can only get to the sorting office at the weekend to collect a parcel. :flwsml:

15. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    Jo, I've PM-ed you my details too.

Honey Bee, I think I read somewhere on this thread (probably several pages back now) that the package was being reboxed and would go through a letterbox.

The system seems to work fine as it is. If someone is not around for a while and not responding to messages, then move on to the next on the list. They can always slot back into it a later point :)