Pebble Veg. Markers

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by Helofadigger, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Go for it Ruby and remember before you throw something out see if you can give it another lease of life into something else from what it was originally intended for, at least that way not only are you doing your little bit of saving the planet but saving your hard earned pennies too!:wink: Hel.xxx.

2. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    What an excellent idea.:thumb:

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,476
    Well done Helen :cl-p:

I've seen a similar thing done with slate instead of pebbles. The pieces of slate had holes drilled in one end so that they could also be hung up. They were hung on bamboo canes at the end of each row. The garden that I saw it in also uses it for labelling shrubs and trees.

4. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Maybe there should be a "what can we use this item for" thread so we can post pics of stuff we've broke etc and then Hel can give us another use for it lol

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Don't encourage me Little Miss Bob say's you'll open a whole can of worms you can't get shut of!:lollol:Hel.xxx.

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,476
    Helen, so what do you do with a can of works :cnfs: :D

7. FANCY

FANCY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the pebble idea Helen it is excellant. I have been there and done it on the milk cartons and I wont go there again.

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hide it in the pantry and hope nobody finds it until it's long out of date that seems to work for me Shiney!:wink:

Have to agree Fancy milk cartons are a bit of a bother to use I always like to clean my cartons anyway to take them to the local skip but sometimes the guys don't rinse them and you can rest assured that those would be ones I picked out to use for my labels YUK!

Those men do take forever to train I have tried to house train them so far all I have l taught them is to sit and stay the Barbara Woodhouse way. Strangely they have learnt themselves how to beg you know the one 'Please mum do I have to clean my room' , 'Please can I borrow some money' and Bob's special 'Hel please find my socks'.:D Hel.xxx.

9. FANCY

FANCY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes Helen I have been there and done it with two sons. They have lovely homes but you know Helen when they visit me they revert back to when they were at home living with me. Nothing gets put away.:D How weired is that.:scratch: