Photo Editing Software

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by wiseowl, Feb 14, 2014.

1. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,838
    To be honest, BG, I didn't like the decision to go from Perpetual Licences to renting monthly as while it's a great money maker for ADOBE it's not a great deal, in the long run, for photographers. I have CS6 which was a present from work colleagues, and Lightroom 5 which was a present from my sister, and Silkpix which came with my Pentax K5.

2. Bournemouth Gardener

Bournemouth Gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +47
    I am not sure I agree Armandii.The cheapest version of cs6 I can find is £329 so at £8 per month it would take would take 3 1/2 year to pay it off by which time version 8 or 9 will be out. I guess what fits fits and it's all down to what suits each individual. When I started renting it it was £900 to buy.

• Like Like x 1
    • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
      +100,838
      I completely understand you're thinking, BG, and of course you're correct:thumbsup::snork:. I think it's just that I've always been accustomed to buying and owning an article and the acting of perpetually paying out for a service [like Gas, Electricity, Water, Rates, etc:gaah:] always irritates me!!! There is also a general uprise in the renting of things that we would normally save up and buy whatever it was we needed.....which sometimes made it more enjoyable when you got it. :hapydancsmil:
      But if it suits a person's pocket to get use of something immediately by leasing it then why not!!:coffee:

• Bournemouth Gardener

Bournemouth Gardener Gardener

Ratings:
      +47
      I hear you Armandll but maybe you are far more fortunate than many people. Personally I enjoy keeping up to date with photoshop and as I am not fortunate enough to have someone give it to me I purchase it by the cheapest option.

• Agree Agree x 1