Plantaholics Anonymous

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by windy miller, May 21, 2007.

1. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    It's the roses that always call out to me, I've got 46 at the last count and we'll soon be going for our annual pilgrimage to Mottisfont where they have David Austin varieties for sale in large numbers. Oh woe is me [​IMG]
    Just have to break up some more concrete, maybe sell one of the cars and use the space, but what to do with the two feet depth of hardcore under it where I used up the rubble from a chimney I took down, then I'd need a big load of good topsoil ................ [​IMG]

........but i don't have a problem, honest [​IMG]

Cheers MIKE

2. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    46 roses :eek: :eek: All hail our leader!!! :D :D [​IMG]

3. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    How about settiing yourself up as the official rose collection, Mike? I'm sure you've got more than the RNRS currently has! :rolleyes: ;) :D

4. nicsdad

nicsdad Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got 2 routes too and from work, both with 2 plant shops on them. The car has a mind of it's own [​IMG]

5. Stingo

Stingo Gardener

Ratings:
    +21
    On our local freecycle someone has offered fifteen different perennials... I have asked to be considered even though my garden is ram packed but I'm sure I can find some space!

I'm also planning on visiting the GC this weekend for a ever increasing list of plants and things.

My name is Stingo and I need help with some some more money :D

6. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    I'll help everyone out on this - anyone who would like a few plants that I don't need (that is, can't find space for :rolleyes: ) just PM me with their address.......

I have....
    aquilegia of unknown colour, kochia, delphinium laurin, godetia and clarkia by the hundredweight :eek: , far too many dfferent types of morning glory, lavatera (annual and perennial), cosmos, californian poppies, hollyhocks, and quite a few others........ including lots of plants that have self-seeded, and some libertia and sisyrinchium (see photo in May photos in the gallery) that need dividing. Oh, and probably various hardy geraniums, when I divide them in the autumn!

My name is Dendy, and there's no hope......

My excuse is that I need them for my customers....

7. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Oh, and there's a lot of gypsophila, statice, asters (ostrich feathers), calendula, lupins....... and I can just about get into my 8x12 greenhouse again, now that most of the stuff is out on staging and tables, etc, outside!

A couple of kind people have said they'll help me out - anyone else going to take pity on me? [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

8. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't been too naughty this weekend...well, plant-wise anyway! :D :D Popped into B&Q for a bit of trellis and two Salvias somehow found there way into my trolley :confused: Then popped into a Gc for a coffee and couldn't resist a few Stipa gigantea that I saw. Really must stop 'popping' to places :D :D

9. johnbinkley

johnbinkley Gardener

Retired chem lecturer
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Windy you shopaholic!! Good luck with the trelis. No doubt a pic will follow.
    John

10. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    That's almost good, Windy - well done! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Did I mention Nicotiana?.......

11. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    Just recently joined the forum and having a read through the posts.

This has to be the funniest thing I have seen ... well mainly cause its so true!

12. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    :D [​IMG]

Just recieved 5 Hedychiums that I just absolutely could not live without :rolleyes: :D The fact that one grows to 7ft and requires moist soil and partial shade - neither of which are in abundance in my garden - i just ignored :D :D I'm sure I'll squeeze it in somewhere :D :D

13. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Then you'll have to get some plants which will provide the necessary shade, Windy! ;)

14. Diziblonde

Diziblonde Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    My name is Dizi and I would like to confess my sins...

I went to a local plant nursery last week for a specific shrub, but whilst I was looking for it I found a table of pot bound shrubs being sold at 3 for Ã?£5 [​IMG] , so obviously I had to have one of each (6 in all, not including the original shrub which I also bought :D ).

I went to B&Q for some paint and discovered that they are selling off all the bedding plants [​IMG] , I don't even know how many I bought, at least 10 trays [​IMG] .

I went back to B&Q today because I wanted some bark chippings that I couldn't fit into my trolly last time due to all the plants :rolleyes: but, you'll be pleased to hear that I managed to limit myself to only 1 more tray of bedding plants (and 6 sunflowers [​IMG] ).

I think I need therapy, either that or a finacial backer [​IMG] !!!

Any offers...? [​IMG]

15. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe you should just get a bigger car Dizi :D :D