Plantaholics Anonymous

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by windy miller, May 21, 2007.

1. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe you should just get a bigger car Dizi :D :D </font>[/quote]I've still got that nice Mazda estate for sale ...........
    [​IMG] [​IMG] :eek: [​IMG]

2. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    The count has since increased, bought 2 at Mottisfont and just taken some cuttings so if 2 or more of the cuttings take It'll be over 50.

(Thinks ...... is it possible to drown in roses? what a way to go........)
    [​IMG] ;) :D

3. Diziblonde

Diziblonde Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Mike, Windy
    I have a VW passat and the boot is pretty darn big, perhaps that's the problem and I should buy a fiesta :D

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Mike does you wife have any favourite plants or is it just you in the family who likes them?

5. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    Maybe people will be glad to hear I've found a solution to my problem, and a justification for carrying on sowing seeds and raising them..... I'm having a charity plant sale in a fortnight! A winner!!! ;) :cool: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Of just your plants or can you buy new ones too [​IMG] :D

7. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    A bring and buy sale BM...with more buying than bringing!!!!
    :D
    Dizi...I've got a Saxo..still didn't stop me buying several Miscanthus Giganteus. Couldn't see out of any window or mirror all the way home...it's a good job I'm an instinctive driver [​IMG] :D :D

8. Diziblonde

Diziblonde Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  9. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    I just sold my passat, I think for that reason alone it is a good thing I did. I got 2 4 foot tree ferns, 4 ground ferns and 2 2 foot tree ferns in it. You really could sleep in that boot ! In the previous people carrier I got an 8 foot bamboo and one slightly miffed 2 year old with leaves in his face. New car has a smaller boot but I have discovered that delivery from most GC's in the area is only Ã?£5 local. SINKING FEELING! Charity plant sales are great dendy, sounds like a plan [​IMG]

10. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Kandy, we like mostly the same plants with a few exceptions, she likes Hydrangeas and cistus, I don't, we both like roses, except she prefers singles or semidoubles, I like the fuller flowered ones more, we both like aquilegias, penstemon, gallardias, geums, geraniums and pelargoniums, she doesn't like Foxgloves (digitalis) I do, neither of us like clematis or bizzie lizzies.
    Maybe this could be a new topic, or has it already been done?

11. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Are you all coming to my plant sale, then? Or are you all going to have your own ones? ;)

I don't buy many plants (other than for people's gardens as design projects) - it's the seeds that are my downfall..... [​IMG]

Trouble is, now that I've been using the lousy weather over the past few days to pot things on, there's VERY little space to get round the garden! But we'll have lots to sell.... and I'm planting up containers and baskets.

I've actually been able to use quite a lot for my customers, but nothing like as much as I've got!

Anyone else want anything? If so, I'm happy to send things on, for a contribution for the Cancer Research UK charity that does the Race for Life (see other threads!)

12. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll come Dendy....I could do with some plants [​IMG] :D :D :D

13. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Keep banging that head, Windy - might knock some sense in...... eventually.... I think you need to get together with the lady with the lovely signature that goes something like "Oh, Mum, not the garden centre again!"

Come on everyone - we're having home-baking from a neighbour, and prob the MIL once she gets back from her gallivanting and finds out about it! :D

14. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh I do hope not Dendy...I enjoy being me!!! [​IMG] :D [​IMG] :D

15. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    Tell you what - if you put on cream teas too, I'll be there like a shot!!!! Any excuse for some retial therapy (and a weekend away from this mad house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (twitch!!) [​IMG]