polycarbonate

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Cooky, Jun 4, 2009.

1. pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
    "Black Country Wench" in Margam,Port Talbot,Wales
    Ratings:
    +4,445
    My O.H, :doh: broke mine,people see zips and whizz them up/down they are only nylon and it doesn`t take much to damage the teeth :mad:

2. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,668
    Mine tore the plastic out of the zip where the stitching was.

I think if you remember the thing only cost a few quid, and treat it gently, it will survive OK - but not if the wind takes it for a ride!

3. Mr. Twosheds

Mr. Twosheds Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I think it would be prudent to put some sort of weight on the bottom shelf. Its worth a punt at £10 to £15 pounds.

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Cooky sorry it may be a little late in answering but we have a twin walled polycarbonate greenhouse set on a brick wall base. We also live in a wind tunnel and have a neighbour who like to throw stones over to hit us when we are down at out greenhouse .... I kid you not!

it's over a year old now and so far we have not had any trouble with it as it has stood upto storms,wind, rain, frost and the very heavy fall snow we had earleir in the year and also the neighbours stone throwing!

We found out before we purchased our greenhouse that the single walled polycarbonate greenhouses that you can purchase very cheaply from B & Q are very noisey when it's windy and can crack quite easy too.

Hope this has been of some help to you.Hel.xxx.