Polytunnel Panic!!

Discussion in 'Poly-Tunnel Gardening' started by Blondie, Feb 4, 2007.

1. FANCY

FANCY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi Blondie, this year in my clotches I will be growing chillies, peppers, early potatoes and early carrots. all my brasicas I will put under netting tunnels to keep white butterfly out.

2. crowley

crowley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

It's great to hear you have just bought a polytunnel, It will be really exciting!
    I am about to buy one too, but I can't seem to make any decisions on when to buy it (as in now or later in the year) and what size to buy either. I just can't seem to picture what it will look like.
    I'm thinking either 10 ft or 12 ft x 15 or 20, but every time I think ive decided I change my mind!
    What size did you get? I wonder where you bought it too?Anyone any advice, some look cheap & nasty on the net!
    I think I need to visually see them in the different sizes, but they are all miles away I think!

3. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    Val, you need to make your mind up now if you want to get one up for some early summer crops.
    With regard to size you should get out into your garden and mark out the options to see what fits best. Don't forget to think about height too.
    We got ours from -
    http://www.firsttunnels.co.uk/
    and the quality is excellent.

4. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Crowley as Dave says firsttunnels is good its important to get as much ventillation as you can go for the wind up side vents you will need them in summer