Polytunnel

Discussion in 'Poly-Tunnel Gardening' started by Greenlady, Nov 30, 2006.

1. compostee

compostee Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I forgot to say, i only poked a couple of holes in the bottom of each half bag. That way not much moisture was lost. But yes it is space saving and Gives the plants a deeper root run and if you pat each half into a round shape it helps to keep the whole thing upright.
    Good luck to all. :D :cool:

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] I also meant to say that I think cutting the grow bags in half like that is such a brilliant idea..... :rolleyes: Just never thought of doing it..!!! I shall definately have to this year though, as it is so space saving & as you say, a nice deep root run... Thanks for that compostee...! [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

3. Kaytutt

Kaytutt Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I think compostee should win this weeks "good idea" medal [​IMG]

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    I 2nd that [​IMG] [​IMG] It is nice to see inside the PT and see what other people grow and how they do things to make gardening so much easier for themsleves and to share their ideas and what works for them.It would be nice to see inside more PT's and Greenhouses,which is easier now with the new digi cameras that are around