1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Portable rotary clothes line planter

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by Jack Sparrow, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +5,414
    20180705_144849.jpg
    This is the tyre that happens to be kicking about. It's off my wife's fiesta so it's not particularly big. It measures approx 54cm across and 24cm deep.

@kazzawazza I have one or two of those concrete blocks also. One was where there used to be a clothes pole. I discovered it when I dug out the foundation for the kitty cage. There was still a piece of pipe in the concreted. I managed to break off enough concrete to a depth that was comfortable to work with. I called a friend in to saw though the metal pipe. The bits of broken I concrete I buried in the base for the cage. Had I not been able to do this I would just had enough clearance to get away with it.

I have another huge block attached to what I believe used to be a boot scraper. I haven't managed to break this one down. It ##ing heavy. It will have to go in the skip at some point.

G.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • TaraMaiden

TaraMaiden Gardener

Sales assistant, dog behaviourist.
      Ratings:
      +61
      @Jack Sparrow the tyre, in my opinion, needs to be bigger. When you look at how wide a dryer is, and how much it will weigh on wash day... well... they say that in general, a tree's roots are as abundant as its canopy, so a large dryer in a small tyre.... well... you get the picture, right....?

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +5,414
        It's that time of year when we look back over past project ideas. Last year I was promised a tractor tyre from a farmer and a scaffolding pole from a scaffolder. Neither of these materialised and so this project never got off the ground.

I am now thinking about the possibility of making a permanent structure as discussed previously. I could cover the top of the concrete with pebbles and gravel etc which would tie it in with other features already in my garden. There is an ornament I am considering buying my wife for her birthday. I would incorporate that into my design.

I would like to create a living ring around the edge for small bulbs etc. What is the minimum width and depth I should allow? I want it to look pretty but I dont want it to end up so big it will take over the whole garden.

G.

• Informative Informative x 1