Processing Charge

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Jack by the hedge, May 7, 2007.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,955
    I haven't made myself clear on the above, all the companies that offer the phone for 'Free' have very high (�£50 - �£55 per month) contracts. Mine was originally �£40 per month, which they have brought down for me as well as a 'gesture' .

This was after I threatened to cancel my contract with them :D .

2. Diziblonde

Diziblonde Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Ditto the above. Threaten to leave, it works wonders especially with mobile phone companies :D

3. Jack by the hedge

Jack by the hedge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought I would just bring this thread up to date by letting those interested know that I have received a reply to the letter I sent to Bt complaining about the charge.
    It seems that Bt are reducing both monthly line rental fees and broadband fees by �£1 each if they are not paid for by direct debit. They point out that the net effect is "only" 50p a month for the 'phone line and that anyone who takes broadband is 50p a month better off. I'm left wondering if those with a 'phone and broadband package who pay by direct debit will then be worse off if no reduction has been made. I suspect some crafty skirting round the issues here!
    What really annoyed me was the line,
    "But it's not just about the cost of taking payments; following up when customers forget to pay on time does involve spending time and money."
    As I always pay my bills on time, I'm definitely of the opinion that these extra fees should apply only to late-payers and not be imposed on those who settle right away.

4. Diziblonde

Diziblonde Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the update JBTH. I agree, just because you have a direct debit set up doesn't mean it wont bounce