Project Pond- A Work in Progress.

Discussion in 'Water Gardening' started by Lollyb, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Lollyb

Lollyb Gardener

Ratings:
    +22
    Firstly, thank you all for responding, you are all so lovely! I have been massively neurotic over this. I initially panic posted having looked out of the window shortly after a down pour and noticing two sizeable cracks through two of the paving slabs closest to the edge. This then led me to think the whole thing was subsiding and my house would fall down.. Yes, I am aware how crazy I sound! Anyway, once the sun had come out and dried out the rain, the cracks were no longer visible and once I'd calmed down I realised the two slabs which had cracked, were slightly over hanging the liner anyway and had possibly cracked due to us constantly standing on the edges. I haven't had a chance to empty the pond and search for the leak as yet, that is my plan for this weekend. However, I do suspect it is somewhere close to the top. We have had three brilliantly hot days this week and touch wood, the level hasn't gone down any further than it had. Also, on the first warm day of this week, I came home and the water seemed to have cleared itself, it had until now, been quite cloudy, now I can see straight to the bottom I seem to have aquired some snails from somewhere and a million water boatman! I will report back over the weekend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Lollyb

Lollyb Gardener

Ratings:
      +22
      By night [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
      • Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
        Ratings:
        +12,517
        Hi Lollyb.

It's only natural, to worry about these things, we all understand that:) In my experience, the water level isn't much affected by evaporation in the short term, so if it's settled, then that should be the level you need to look at:blue thumb: Good luck, and let us know how you get on...

Cheers...Freddy

• Like Like x 1
        • AstroTurf

AstroTurf Gardener

Ratings:
          +23
          I love the "L" shape; it reminds me of a moat! I think it needs a fancier means of getting across it, though. Do you plan to add lily pads or any more flowers?

• Like Like x 1
          • Lollyb

Lollyb Gardener

Ratings:
            +22
            Definitely, the bridge is just temporary, we seen a proper bridge which has planters under the handrail the one we have at the moment is just to strengthen it

• Like Like x 1
            • Lollyb

Lollyb Gardener

Ratings:
              +22
              I've not been on here for a while, so, I thought I would provide a little update.... I got far too paranoid.... Here is the garden at the end of Summer 2013....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1