recommend me a heater

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by sparkle, Nov 1, 2006.

1. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    I will be Peter got some tender stuff in there that I want to get through winter,this years seedlings of Plumerias,Brugmansias,Palms,Gingers and other tender stuff

2. Larkshall

Larkshall Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I found that I could have bought a similar one locally at Scotsdales for �£19.99, so ordering online is not always a bargain.

3. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Well looks like I will be after a parasene then, have seen the "frost shield" at �£40.99 but will also look at local stores.

Interestingly - the sales man that I bought green house from said it would not be economical to buy from them and to look localy. He also recomended a 3KW for size of greenhouse.

I do think that the wall of the stable will be helpful in heat retention.

4. Larkshall

Larkshall Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    My greenhouse is 8ft x 6ft and I am only wanting to keep it frost free. I use heated propagators for my cuttings. One is electric 20w - 2 seed trays, the other is a galvanised tray mounted on bricks, filled 1" deep with sand, two seed tray propagators with a hurricane lamp underneath. The electric one has a temperature of 25C while the other one is about 20C. I am also over-wintering tender Fuschia's in the greenhouse.