Recycled Greenhouse

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by Dan E, Nov 11, 2009.

1. holty66

holty66 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    nathan whats this offer at wickes because i am about to build greenhouse and for8x6 i can do it for around £220 which will be more robust than the ones you buy in this budget plus the polycarb will be 6mm twinwall as opposed to the standard 4mm i have come up with a system i hope works

2. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hello Dan there was an offer on some timber that I bought I think it was the bulk buying of it that gave me the discount
    I am having a prob trying to get some sliding door gear does anyone know where I can get it from if not I will have to put a hinged door on ;thmb:

3. Scotkat

Scotkat Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +827
    Nathan have you tried freecycle for a sliding door worth a try ,but its looking good so far.
    The community garden I am involved in is going to be building a greenhouse out of 2lt plastic bottles.

4. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Well done Scot let us have some pics as you go along plastic bottles eh cant wait, Just put the roof spars on today, need some more wood from wickes tomorrow

5. Hex

Hex Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I`ve always found wickes to be around twice as expensive for timber as my local timber merchant, plus they don`t charge for delivery in town either :wink:

6. holty66

holty66 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    nathan you need to put some ties on your roof or you will encourage roof spread

7. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thank you holy I have just built my first staging and put some plants back in
    [​IMG]

8. T Digger

T Digger Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I've put up two second hand greenhouse and would say it's well worth the extra little bit of hassle with replacing some W clips, bolts etc. ( all of which are available in garden centres). The saving in overall cost means you end up with a usable greenhouse at a quarter of the price, if it's not already dismantled, it's worth taking plenty of digi photographs. The last second hand 6X8 greenhouse was being disposed of by the folks next door so after removing all the glass I was able to drag it, complete, down their drive and into my garden.
    That is an ambitious project you have got going there Nathan, looks good and it won't be long now before having space under glass will be a real benefit.