Refused to empty my green bin!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Helofadigger, Feb 1, 2008.

1. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Evening Kathy, the Welsh Assembly is trying to standardise the recycling in Wales. Our council is pretty good, we can even recycle plastic carrier bags. So if we can do it why can`t other councils?

2. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Money... Same as the fact perscriptions are free in wales as now is hospital car parking.

Devolution in my mind has been one of the best things to happen in Wales for years.

If only the same was true in england.

3. Kathy3

Kathy3 Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    hi David,Paul.I agree with you both.
    this new Scottish Parliament have done little for us,but cost us more money,while they line their own pockets,they were going to help the uni students with their student loans,that was untill that little weasel got in power,then they didn't have enough money to fulfill the promises
    they made,well done to Wales

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I suppose we are lucky in that we can at least put shredded paper and cardboard in the green bin but very little else!

We still have to do a 'skip run' to do away with 'stuff' that can be recycled but the council refuses to collect off our door step such as plastic containers the by-product of our mineral water and milk addiction. I'm sure we are not alone going through an amazing amount of containers each month.

More does need to be done to recycle I'm sure half that does go to the skip and then onto the land fills can be recyled if the council only tried.Hel.xxx.

5. ismeval

ismeval Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    Mine got left once because it was 2" inside the garden gate (which was open) and not on the edge! I phoned the council and they were made to come back and get it ....Val