Reviving old plants

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by lost_in_france, Feb 27, 2014.

1. lost_in_france

lost_in_france Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +3,138
    Thanks Silu. Funnily enough we'll be staying in Drymen for the first week of April so if we've time I might try a visit to Glendoick.

2. lost_in_france

Ratings:
    +3,138
    No, that's just my awful photography Alex :snork:. Only have my phone camera. The leaves are quite green and glossy so it appears healthy enough, just a bit sad and straggly.

Looks like I'll have to be brave and give it a bit of a prune and/or move it when it finishes flowering. Got a couple of months to get my courage up.

3. silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
    +8,083
    It's about 45 miles from Drymen to Glendoick but well worth the trip. 1st week in April will be a little early for some of the Rhododendrons but many of the slightly tender species ones will be out. Hopefully there won't be any frosts which can play havoc with the earlier flowering ones,

4. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,668
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • lost_in_france

Ratings:
      +3,138
      Quick update
      The bergenia flowered for the first time time in 6 years! And has some lovely shiny new leaf growth as well.

001_2.JPG

• Like Like x 4