"Rip-Off" Gardening Express

Discussion in 'Retailer Feedback' started by allye, Feb 21, 2006.

1. papajo

papajo Gardener

Ratings:
    +13
    Ditto, glad you got your money back. Fran - Going back to my younger days working in a shop, as long as the debit card has the visa sign you are protected. Switch cards are slightly different.

2. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,955
  3. bluemolly

bluemolly Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Please add my comments to the negative pile. Sorry posted message in Bloomsbury post by mistake.
    Really terrible customer service, no replies to email/messages etc. Have today after reading all other negative messages and seeing the ebay link, contacted my c/card holder for money refund. Great site, well done for pointing things like this out. There are a lot of honest online business out there, and these things give everyone bad press.

4. jay

jay Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Allye what a nightmare! Can't somebody report them to ebay too for thisrip-off?
    I know ebay seem to 'occassionally' take action...:-/

5. papajo

papajo Gardener

Ratings:
    +13
    Not that I would use this company, but Gardening Express did offer and have now given a full refund to my sister for the goods that she ordered. Funnily enough within a couple of days of my post. A happy ending all round. [​IMG]

6. allye

allye Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    [/qb][/quote]Not that I would use this company, but Gardening Express did offer and have now given a full refund to my sister for the goods that she ordered. Funnily enough within a couple of days of my post. A happy ending all round. [​IMG] [/QB][/quote]

So they actually answered their phone then? I am surprised!!

7. papajo

papajo Gardener

Ratings:
    +13
    No, they didn't answer the phone, they just emailed her out of the blue saying that they didn't want to disappoint their customers and offered a full refund back to her card

8. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Just been looking thru this Topic then on EBAY & i see Gardening Express are no longer registered sellers with them.

9. FANCY

FANCY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  10. purplelady

purplelady Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    aye that is right i heard something about them, just cannot remember what, but i do know they are no longer registered on ebay as Gogs said.

So glad you at least got your money back allye. But do not let them put you off other online plant sites. A good tip is to ask around about the site you are interested in, that way you have a better idea if they are worthy.
    GardenExpress are just one company but there are loads out there that are good.

11. leila1

leila1 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone, I have just joined this forum today and noticed this thread. I ordered a lots of plants from them in 2006 and never received a thing. I complained several times and the only time I heard back was when I said I wanted to order some more plants and was waiting to check the quality of the first lot. Never received a refund or anything.
    Anyway what worries me is that everytime I do a search they still come uo at the top of the list along with a number of fresh complaints about them.
    I don't know why they haven't been stopped from trading (or robbing) as yet!