Roders Garden from the Sky..

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by roders, Jul 15, 2008.

1. coucou

coucou Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Roders that is very very nice indeed well done :)

Jane x

2. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Looking good Roders :thumb:

I need to do my gutters :( I hate that job !

Like your greenhouse, one thing I should have planned for in retrospect:rolleyes:

Hosta looks well in that pot:thumb::thumb::thumb:

3. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,477
    Roders, in our Nanny State we now have to attend such courses as they and (it is true) say you can break your ankle falling from a foot (no pun intended) high. Then you can sue!!
    If you have attended a course and fall, it's your fault. :(
    It's all down to 'Compensation Culture' and our personal safety of course.:D

4. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5

:D:D:D I can't stop laughing Pal...

5. coucou

coucou Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Oh and I love your stripey lawn :)

Jane x

6. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,995
    well done roders it looks really good. You certainly have got some big fish; is the mesh to prevent any passing herons from getting eaten? :thumb:

7. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +7,097
    :) Thanks John...............
    The pond cover IS to stop Herons..........but mainly to stop grandchildren from falling in,or me when I have had one glass to many lol.

8. pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
    +226
    Just found this thread, very impressive indeed Roders :thumb:

9. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    I've just found it too, and I'm very impressed. You've done a wonderful job on it all, Roders. :thumb::thumb:

I love how the plants blend in with each other to make a natural hedge/fence and no earth showing through. That's how it would be if it was up to me, but Mr K enjoys slaving and hacking around getting weeds out of the beds so you can see the soil. Some people are wierd and enjoy self-torture. :D

BTW, he would love your lawn, he keeps ours as an English Lawn, as he calls it. Me - I would let it grow until at least ankle-high. I love seeing grass wave in the breeze.

That safety-net construction is excellent, much better than just a net. Little Elliot will be turning 1 any day now, won't he? Bet he is all over the place and into everything now - Discovery Tours :D Watch out and hope you all enjoy his first birthday. Big kiss and hug for him from me. xx

Thanks for sharing, roders, I loved being nosey and being able to look into your garden like this. I think that means that I'm glad your gutters needed cleaning ;)

10. Brind

Brind Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Looks very nice indeed!
    I've been looking at various pictures as I'm trying to get my garden up together after years of serious neglect.
    I'm building a pond so I'm particually keeping my eyes open for ideas to put around it. I'm got to say, I like everything you've done!

I'm new to this and have no idea what I am looking for. And what I do find looks good, has grown taller, wider, smaller etc than I was expecting. :D I'm still learning.

Would it be possible to be really cheeky and ask you what plants you've got to the left, surrounding your pond?

Also what's that big plant to the right with the big leaves?

11. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +7,097
    :) Hi Brind
    Happy to oblige....................Remember this pond is about 18 years old and some of the surrounding plants even older.

I do like your fiesty avatar ;)

[​IMG]

12. Brind

Brind Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    You're a legend, thankyou. :cool:
    I never even thought about putting gravel around mine, but after seeing how yours looks, I'm going to pinch that idea too. :thumb: It makes the pond stand out more. My pond is a similar shape to yours (I didn't pinch that idea from you though.. hehe).

My avatar is the lovely Sarah Brightman. :)

Thanks again.