Rosas Balcony 2009

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by rosa, Apr 5, 2009.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi sam thanks for lovely comments,i,ve had my geraniums in my hanging baskets for at least 5 years now and they always seem to come up lovely each year, im very suprised Asdas garden section was dissapointing now that you have said that its pointless me doing a good long drive to ours, think ill stick to local morrisons mind saying that think ive got enough bits on my balcony hehe as it is.

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    heres more pics of my geraniums and baskets.got this plaque from friends of hubbys from philipines hung it inside my balcony.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    heres more pics from downstairs of my balcony, seen my neighbour she says she sits on her deck chair and looks up and admires my balcony flowers she said its just beautiful to watch isnt that sweet of her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  7. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Rosa when I look at your pictures I feel the work that you have put into making your balcony special is just jawdropping.
    It's a shame there isn't a local balcony competition for you to enter.
    I really like the photos with the blue sky behind :)

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks jazmine there would be no competition here as my balcony is the only one in block that has climbers, my neighbours downstairs had theirs nice but have let them all die which is a shame as his was coming along nicely.
    i went to morrisons today and bought a hanging wall mount tealight holder its nice and also bought a light that hangs to put tealights in

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    moved a few things on my balcony put the lantern on my balcony and bought a few lanterns and tealight hanger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    got a pic of my first honey bee on my fushia this morning at 7 on my balcony

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Lovely photo's Rosa,that bee looks like the little sod that stung me the other week.It even has my name on it's bum:D

You must be providing just the right habitat for the wildlife if you are attracting bees to your flowers.:thumb: I shall have to start getting some more fuchia to try again with as they are one of my favourite flowers after Carnations and Iris.We used to have loads of them where we used to live but it got too much to over winter them so gave up in the end although we did have a few of the hardier ones which we bought for this garden but sadly they didn't like our clay soil so we are concentrating more on cottage garden plants now.:)

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    kandy thanks i was thinking of you when i saw that bee i must admit i was shaking a little trying to get the pic of it, its the first bee ive seen this year up here, just hope i dont get wasps i hate them got my spray handy just in case, the bee just stayed at outer part of my balcony it didnt come inside thank heavens.#
    iff i had a garden i would go cottage garden as they look so lovely never mind will make do with my balcony climbers they are doing great

14. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I love the look of your balcony Rosa, you certainly do make the most of it! Your plants are looking lovely, mine got battered alot in this last heavy downpour yesterday :(

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thank you natalie, some of mine that hang out from my balcony got a bit battered but most of them as they are covered they survived, sorry to hear yours got a bit battered my friends gardens had the same fate with the downpour