Rosas Balcony 2009

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by rosa, Apr 5, 2009.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hehe sam we were having a joke , jazmine thanks for coming all this way [​IMG] heres more pics i took today, last year everything stayed green cant believe my vine is still flowering and my geraniums also its amazing, im going to get some winter flowers probably pansies for my hanging baskets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Hi Sam, Rosa and I have a little giggle about drinking wine on her balcony :)
    I would water her balcony if I were nearer! It's a shame we are so far apart but who knows we may meet one day! I water all my neighbours front and back which is a bit of a chore when I have all mine to do.

Rosa those colours are so pretty :)

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks jazmine, yes maybe one day we could meet up and go shopping ohhhh shop till you drop could just imajine us two hehe we would have a ball [​IMG]

4. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    We would Rosa :luv:
    I would LOVE to see your balcony for real! There is so much of interest, every time I think I have seen it all something new pops in :gnthb:

How did you start your balcony Rosa? I was hoping you would reply to the gardeners questions Rosa as I have loads to ask you. Did you start with a plan in mind or did it sort of grow on you as you added or people gave you presents?

As for shopping, well I reckon we would wet ourselves laughing so much. And there would have to be lunch [a glass of wine too?] in a good restaurant. Only the best :hehe: Oh then a garden centre or two....
    One day. :wink:

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks peri, with the wind yesterday my climbers got a bit smashed up might have to cut some back after the disaster yesterday will see how they go.

jazmine still cant find that thread maybe i should go to specsavers hehe, your welcome to visit anytime and the shopping idea sounds great and not to forget the few glasses of wine on my balcony or maybe a few bottles haha.
    i started my balcony just with a few pots of flowers and it went from there as i found the clematis did extremly well on my balcony then vicky on here sent me the cup and saucer vine seeds from portugal and after 3 years now they have really took off, my brother tiled the floor on my balcony and it makes it much nicer, then i decided a arch would look great in front of my kitchen window and now its covered with my climbers, put lots of garden lights all over and they are great on in the evenings.

6. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Hi Rosa
    If you go to non garden discussion you will see at the top as a sticky

Gardeners Corner Question Time
    Members willing to be interrogated by other members can start a thread in here. PLEASE READ THE STICKY ANNOUNCEMENT FIRST.

you just start your own thread eg "Ask Rosa" then copy and paste the questions then away you go! once posted other members can ask you questions. :)

I went to Specsavers for you :hehe:

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi jazmine ive done it, pleased you went to specsavers for me hehe [​IMG]

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    took these pics this morning everything is still lovely and green for october and my cup and saucer vine is still flowering just got this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    [​IMG]

bought this christmas rose plant

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Still looking good Rosa, hope the flowers keep coming for you. :)

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks jazmine, im going up to morrisons after to see what they have winter flowers for my hanging baskets so iff i get any will put them in and take pics and put them up, might aswell do it now.

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    went shopping and bought this lovely swan basket for my balcony and filled my other baskets up with these lovely plants winter pansies, cyclamen, winter cherry solanum and bought another christmas rose also bought a pack of 25 crocus called king of the striped they are white with purple in them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Very beautiful rosa...an Alladins cave filled with little gems!...I love it.:gnthb:

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thank you pal i just love your lovely comments that so suits my balcony alladins cave with little gems how sweet