Rosas Balcony 2009

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by rosa, Apr 5, 2009.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks jazmine, just bought that fushia at morrisons have to find a place to put it, also them birds i bought at morrisons, and my clematis have had that one a few years and it grows right up the balcony and it is near the ceiling its also at the outer side of balcony got flowers but i cant get to them to take pics.

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thank you periwinkle for the lovely comments, i have to go out each day and watch my climbers steer them in the right direction were i want them to climb some however just do their own thing hehe, ones at top outside my balcony i cant control they do there own thing.
    cant understand why my montana hasnt flowered it seems ok and is growing all over just wonder iff its still establishing itself had it 2 years now.other climbers take at least to the 3rd year to establish and flower.
    like them birds just pop them in my pots another morrisons great buy, they have another one think ill get it and they are not very big

3. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Hi Rosa,
    well we went to Morrisons today and I found myself in the garden aisle [don't know how that happened!!] and I thought of you Rosa when I saw some gorgeous glass tealight holders that looked like little lanterns. They were really pretty, one pound each but BOGOF :hehe:

so I bought 4 and have hung them on the lilac tree [where my clock is] and I am sooo pleased with them.
    They had several colours but I chose the blue ones and OH commented how nice they looked on the tree :lollol: I am training him well.

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hehe jazmine as you do hit the garden isle i cant go into morrisons now without going to that isle cant say i saw them hanging tealights must go look for some haha.what we like, look forward to seeing them on your lilac tree bet they look great

5. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Hi Rosa, they would look lovely on your balcony garden, how can you resist BOGOF?

Have put a pic on my album, it isn't a good pic but you can see them just. I really want to get some for the front tree but as I had something stolen from the front garden I am reluctant to put anything more out there. :(

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi jazmine, will have to get some when im in morrisons n tuesday will have a look at yours are they in members section, its not worth putting anything in your front garden as you say they will get stolen.#
    heres pics of my clematis and other bits on my balcony.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks peri for lovely comments, its starting to look colourful will be more when all flowers come out, my favourite flowers have to be the clematis they are great climbers get loads of large flowers and loads of different colours and they grow great on my balcony, i love roses but i cant grow them on my balcony

10. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Hi Rosa, well you've made me buy a scarecrow, lol! You know those little ones that you just stick in pots or on the lawn! Well, I was in B&M yesterday and saw them again and after seeing your recent pics I thought - why not. So I've got one. Not nearly as much fun as you've got on your balcony but it's a start, ha, ha.

Your first pic of your clematis is just like the one I bought. Remember when I did my little corner? Well it was supposed to grow up on the trellis thing there, but it looked like it was dead. I didn't chuck it though and this year it has a bud on it!!!,lol. Just glad it isn't dead and seems to be growing albeit slowly. I must get some pics taken of my garden too.

cheers

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    haha nice one borrowers, ive seen them scarecrows in b&m nearly bought one, great to hear your clematis is ok, ive had 2 that look dead but they come back so just aswell you didnt chuck it hehe, will look forward to seeing your garden

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  13. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :gnthb::gnthb: rosa it is looking lovelier than ever out there now... Beautiful Clem' blooms as well.. A credit to you..!!:yho:

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thank you marley for the lovely comments, most of my clematis are starting to flower now just waiting for everything else to flower out there

15. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    The clematis looks really pretty Rosa. The fuschia looks about ready to open up now. Ido like them, there are so many different varieties of them :)