Rosas Balcony 2009

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by rosa, Apr 5, 2009.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  3. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Wow Rosa some night shots at last. Flipping (being polite) fantastic:gnthb: It does look like a party or a festival - great, must really cheer you up if you're feeling a bit low. Can just imagine sitting out there with a glass (won't say whats in the glass:) )

Am sure I could do loads more with my garden but haven't got your talent. It looks a right treat. Get the 'downstairs' photo's put on here too.

cheers

4. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,159
    Just love your Platycodon (Balloon Flower) rosa ... it's gorgeous. Mine is in it's third/fourth year and just about to bloom. Everything else looks wonderful and very healthy .... but I want to see that Cup & Saucer flower from me flowering there ... ya'hear? :luv:

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi victoria thanks, was wondering what that flower was called, pleased you told me, that cup and saucer vine is all over my balcony looks great just hoping it flowers soon, as soon as it does will take pics

borrowers nice glass of white wine out there does the trick hehe , further back is pics of my balcony from downstairs but will take more

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Lovely photos Rosa,especially all the lanterns with the tea lights in them.I bet it feels nice and cosy when you are sitting out there with your glass of wine:D

Nice to see you have found a very pretty flower for your new planter.It goes very well with the birds:thumb:

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks kandy, it was lovely sitting out there its nice in the evenings with the lights and tea candles lit.
    that balloon flower is nice i was at wilkinsons looking a loads they had all colours in them, then decided on purple

8. Alice

Alice Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +81
    Your balcony is just a masterpiece Rosa. Just lovely.

How did the TV programme go. I seem to have missed out on any news about that. Did you manage to get a recording ?

9. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    It does look pretty all lit up. :)
    You got a clock! It's similar to mine, they are lovely clocks aren't they?

I don't think you have much room left there. I am amazed at the plants you have managed to get in.

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks alice, got the dvds of programme im assuming you mean bruce springstein i got dvd up on pc and cant find it i might have to send woo them back and maybe ask him iff he can put it up.

thanks jazmine yes the clock is lovely, just put another clematis in as a clematis died so i pulled it out and put other one in, i seen that bird on sphere price down to £6.50 at morrisons yesterday i didnt get it but i may go back and buy me one hehe, always find space on there

11. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    My friend left a message on the answerphone yesterday Rosa and said she absolutely loved it so that was a good buy :thumb:

Go treat yourself :luv:

I bet you will find a space somewhere for it! They must be some sort of covered thing but it feels fairly solid not like plastic things.

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    jazmine pleased your friend loved it, going to buy 2 one for me another for my friend as shes been good to me makes loads of things and shes busy making me some fancy hanging squares with rods above to hang in my kitchen forgot the name of them.i picked one up in morrisons they are quite heavy plaster i think

13. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Hi Rosa, I cannot picture what you mean?
    You will have to put a pic up for us to see. Is she a "crafty" type of person as in she makes things? That's kind of her.

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    jazmine when my friend has made it will post pics of them shes doing them this week, they are a square material with nice flowers and picture on them for hanging.shes a craft type person she makes bedspreads by hand also
    i bought 2 of them spheres with birds on top gave one to my friend she just loved it its in her garden shes put it in a special place, i also gave her 3 of my poppy photos A4 size she loved them and is framing them for her kitchen, her o/h seen them he thought they were wonderful he said i should enter them in a competition, how sweet of him

15. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Oh I'm so glad you bought those statues. I usually dither then when I go back they have all gone! :)
    Your friend sounds clever. I love crafts too. I have tried my hand at a few things!
    I agree with your hubby, you should try entering some competitions.

At our art group they display the work at different times. I will hide mine up!