Seeds I have sown today

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Webmaster, Mar 12, 2006.

1. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    The peas i put in around the 9th (sugar snap)still havn`t come through.I think i put them in too early,AND i didn`t soak them. [​IMG] :(

2. Celia

Celia Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I didn't soak my garden peas this year either Elaine, I suddenly thought of that in the early hours of this morning whilst trying to get to sleep. I not sure that it matters as the popped up very quickly. What does every one else think?

3. FANCY

FANCY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    My sugar snap peas have come through and I did not soak them. I will be putting the other sort in this weekend.

4. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I`ve tried being nice by softly humming as i`d walk by, now i`m like a sergeant major and they still ignore me. :D
    I watched Gardeners World on Sky the other night and covered the tomato seeds i put in bedroom window, with a black bin liner,as advised,and they were through in 2 days.They`re a bit leggy though but hoping they`ll come right.Also the Cucumbers and Dhalia are looking good.
    The African marigolds,Five spot and Carnations are through at allotment green house, but no sign of Rudbeckia,Petunia or salvia. :(
    The Leeks and Caulliflower are up and sound and the Sweetcorn in the coldframe are showing at last. [​IMG] :D

5. Blackthorn

Blackthorn Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    I sowed some last Autumn from Chiltern Seeds, they germinated well and died down around December time. I'm still waiting for them to show themselves again - hope they're still alive as they look beautiful in the picture. How are yours doing?

6. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Today,i finally got young fiz over allotments. [​IMG] (He`s been grounded for just over 2 weeks and agreed to come over just to get out of the house)I got him to sow 28 cosmos seeds,dig out a dead shrub and fork over 2 rows,removing weeds as he went. :clap:He has 12 days left on his sentence,so,(and he doesn`t know it yet,) he`s gonna help plant the spuds on Easter Sunday!! :D :D :D :D

7. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    :D :D

I think I have a problem...is there a Gardeners Anonymous??? Yesterday the postie was struggling to cram a letter through the letterbox...when I opened it I realised why :eek: 38 packets of seeds!!!!!!
    I remember reading the offer in the Garden News....I remember thinking wow! 38 packets for �£7 - bargain!!....I don't remember writing the cheque or posting it :eek:
    I think I'm in denial....... :rolleyes: :D

8. Blackthorn

Blackthorn Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Definitely need for a GA windy. You can spot that you have a problem when you secretly send off for seeds. That lot should keep you going for a bit.

My name is Blackthorn and I'm a gardenholic... :D

9. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    :D :D
    Well, I think I've gone some way to getting rid of the evidence today. I've planted Nasturtiums 2 kinds, Poppies x2, Sweet Peas (indoors and outdoors)Sunflowers (dwarf for me, huge monsters for the kids), Geraniums, Trailing Tomatos and after my break I'm off to do chives, basil and oregano!!
    13 down......25 to go!!!! :D :D

10. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I put some spring onion seeds in some guttering today.Dunno what they`ll be like but they`ll have to stay where they grow as i am running out of garden.I have space left for sweet corn,a row for colly, 2 rows for caggage,1 for leeks and the rest for taties.Doesn`t look like i`m gonna get a raised bed for carrots this yr as the pigeon season starts next week,but i`m hoping to nab a patch of about 2ft by 4 ft before mr.fiz lays slabs on it! [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,441
    Sown today at work
    Ageratum Leilani 2,000
    Ageratum High Tide Blue 1,500
    Ageratum High Tide White 1,500
    Impatiens Divine(New Guinea) 500
    Impatiens Double Carousel 500
    Celosia Fresh Look Yellow 200
    Celosia Fresh look Gold 200

12. Celia

Celia Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Finally sown the Brussels sprouts in the greenhouse today [​IMG] 2 sweet peas have come up so far, I sowed them the Thursday before last.

13. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,955
    This is a blast from the past !!

• Like Like x 2
    • Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
      +12,668
      How about a new thread:
      Seeds I have sown today 2014

??

• Like Like x 2
      • merleworld

merleworld Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +4,087
        I've not done seeds before (well apart from scattering them in a border/tub and letting nature take its course) but have tried the following this year:

Cosmea Rose Bonbon (which sprouted within a few days)
        California Poppy Bridal Bouquet
        Stocks
        Linaria
        Echinacea
        Linum Charmer.