September Photo Competition

Discussion in 'Photo Competitions' started by Webmaster, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    I like Marley and Petal resize and save to a different file before uploading. That way I never lose the original picture. - like Petal learnt from problems with dial up and screen with e-mail etc. :(

2. dalbuie

dalbuie Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    [​IMG]
    Ever get the feeling something's watching you?

[​IMG]
    Come into my parlour....

[​IMG]
    Recognise this famous garden?

3. Larburnum

Larburnum Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All, Not that clever on the computer, took me ages to find out how to post my pictures, still can't manage to get an avator.
    How do I re- size my pictures and are the ones I have posted aleady too large.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

4. hans

hans Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +748
    lovely dragonfly. I have one or two visiting our pond but just when I'm about to press the shutter they fly away, bu..er

5. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Laburnum - a very quick way to see what size any picture is - is to right mouse click on it. At the bottom of the little pop up menu - left mouse click on properties - that will show you the size of any picture. Anything much more than 600x600 will be very slow for people on dial up to see, it takes a lorra time to load. It also means that its too big for the pc window - so you have to scroll right and left, and up and down to see it.

Most camera and photo software, have image editing capability. On mine its under the menu heading Image - then I pick resize, enter 600 and it downsizes the picture. Because I take full quality pictures without compression,my pictures are usually over 2400x2400 to big to upload, so I downsize, I then save the downsized picture to a different album/file where I put all pictures I wish to upload or attach to e-mails.

That way I still have the full quality picture for printing or whatever I want to do with it. That may be why you are having trouble with an avator, cos that needs to be very small - instead of 600 should be no more than 100x100. Hope this helps

[ 11. September 2005, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Fran ]

6. Larburnum

Larburnum Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Fran
    That is great help... Really hubby's computer and he registered on Gardeners Corner prompted by me because he was decimating everything he touched in the garden. Cut my hydrange down to the ground last year to paint fence so not a flower this year. Also cut main stem on Montana which took me three years to train round patio fence so that he could paint it. Now my poor holly tree. His favourite saying is "It will be lovely next year." I don't know a lot about computers but I am learning a lot from all your lovely people and hubby is now leaving me to get on with it. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Your very welcome. By the way ask your husband to consider leaving the fence unpainted (might be less risk to your plants). I have never touched the fence I installed a lorra years ago -like about 1990 with either stain or paint - and its weathered to a nice silver grey - and still intact - its the posts that rot- and mine are concrete well concealed by my plantaholic tendancies.

Its either that or hide the loppers :D

8. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,955
  9. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    Perhaps it'll be a last minute rush Nathan! but I must say those already posted will take some beating.

10. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +91,982
    The theme is 'out and about', ........I havent been 'out and about'.......YET. :D

11. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry Nathan - got distracted. Yes I got some piccies - will upload a couple and keep my third til the end

12. frogesque

frogesque Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Linnets

[​IMG]

Tortoiseshell

[​IMG]

Robin's pincushion

[​IMG]

[ 14. September 2005, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: frogesque ]

13. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Lovely lovely pictures - but oh my here we go again - the height of the bar is raised again. Good job the theme is broad :D -

14. pete

Retired
    Ratings:
    +91,982
    [​IMG]
    believe it or not, this is made of glass.

15. pete

Retired
    Ratings:
    +91,982
    [​IMG]
    Does this look like anyone you know :D