She's here (Dog lovers only)

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by suedobie, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    She's gorgeous- like BM, I love her big fat feet! [​IMG]

2. papajo

papajo Gardener

Ratings:
    +13
    What a cracker!! [​IMG] . Looks like you might have you hands full. They are loads of fun at that age. Enjoy.

3. Chri$

Chri$ Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Lovely pup! we have a dobie 4 years old, same colour and a real pet. Folk tend to back off a bit but she wouldn't hurt a fly. Well, that's not strictly true, she loves to hunt bees and stands nudging tham for ages.
    Good luck.
    Chri$.C
    P.S. Don't think they ever grow up !

4. Fair weather gardener

Fair weather gardener Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    What a sweetie - you lucky girl Sue. I keep coming back to look at her because she makes me smile. Post some more pix as she gets bigger if you have time [​IMG]

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    quite agree with you pete my friends dobie ben he is not with us anymore but he did some damage ripped her car seats up he did allsorts of damage.
    Give her plenty of chewy sticks and bones, i used to have a rhodesian ridgeback had no problems with him chewing until i went on holiday and left him with my mum and dad, they said he was fine just lying at my mums feet one evening and she said to my dad oh what a good boy he is unbeknown to them he lay and chewed the bottom of there brand new leather seetee right under their noses.
    pups have to be watched all the time as with my cavalier had no bother as soon as i see her doing anything i give her a chewy stick and i have a large trainer cage i strongly believe they are great to have when you are doing something just pop them in and no worries its the best thing i could of bought for these past 10 months.

6. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Mmmm watch the giving treats, when they chew or do something else you don't want them to do. One of my Cavs formed an attachment for chewing wood - not good, as it can cause problems, so I would call her, get her to drop it - and reward her with a treat. So what does she do, deliberatly seek out bits of wood, and bring them too me, and sits waiting for her treat.

:D :D

7. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,475
    Lovely photos.

A cousin of ours in the USA had two dogs. A scottie and a dobie and the scottie was definitely the boss. The dobie was friendly and very scatty and when the scottie used to use the cat flap in the back door the dobie always followed him. It took him quite a while and he should have won a prize for the contortions he had to go through to manage it.

Here is a photo of a dog we met on holiday.

[​IMG]
    -----------
    shiney

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    cant remember the name of them dogs no hair just a little on their head they are better living abroad with the heat than our country. it would be so cold for them over here. :confused: :rolleyes:

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,475
    Hi rosa

They are Peruvian hairless dogs. They used to be kept as pets by the Peruvian indians that lived high in the Andes mountains. They have a body temperature of 104 degrees and the indians used to take them to bed with them as hot water bottles because it was freezing up in the mountains.

Ther was a Horizon programme on telly a couple of months ago about the disappearance of the Moche civilisation in Peru that existed from 200BC to 700AD. The programme took us to an ancient site that was being excavated. I was there a short time before they filmed the programme and this dog was one of the guard dogs at the site - he wasn't doing a very good job.

Some people thought he looked ugly but that was until they saw his friend who was the other guard dog - also a Peruvian hairless dog.

[​IMG]

-------------
    shiney

10. suedobie

suedobie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys, thanks for you interest in my "Baby".

Jake is getting used to her now, he spent the first night trying to get away from her, she only wanted to snuggle up to him. She does bite him when she is playing thought, he is very tolerant but I give him some respite now and again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
  12. mims

mims Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Awwwwwwwww love the second photo. Gorgeous doggies.

13. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Nice pooch, dobey or greyhound my next dog. Won't be for a good few years yet though!

How about some african hunting dogs from colchester zoo.

[​IMG]

And my looky likey AHD (apparently?)

[​IMG]

BM

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,475
    Hi suedobie

Your "baby" looks fabulous, and very comfortable.

I think Bananaman has just proved that most dogs look lovely - when they aren't growling at you.
    --------
    shiney

15. Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    She is beautiful !!! and so is her name !!
    :cool: M-L