Shoes

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by clueless1, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Naylors Ark

Naylors Ark Struggling to tame her French acres.

Ratings:
    +1,019
    Ah, but one has one's chauffeur doesn't one. ;) :heehee:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Naylors Ark

Naylors Ark Struggling to tame her French acres.

Ratings:
      +1,019
      Must admit most of the time I'm in flip-flops, boots or my pink wellies. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
      • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
        Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
        Ratings:
        +11,493
        Actually, I hate shoes. As long as I can I wear nice sandels, even to work, my toes always done. But as it gets cold, of course have to put something on, so it has to be comfort, comfort and more comfort. But look nice and out of nice materials. Hate heels, through all mine out, or gave them away. Do buy short heel shoes of a pretty style for dress. Hate socks also, but have to wear it out in the winter. At home, bare feet for inside the house, flip flops for out in the yard for quick trips, to car, to feed cats. Longer pull on boots. For gardening in the wet soil have special flip flops that tolerate the wet soil etc.

• shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
        Ratings:
        +122,475
        Wellies for garden, bare feet indoors and HiTech Silver Shadow the rest of the time (very comfy trainers at £22 a pair - size 12 :heehee:).

• Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        When i'm not wearing Boots or flip flops...i like wedges.....rarely wear stillettos these days....it's not a good look when you're walking around like John Wayne by the end of the night......

• Funny Funny x 3
        • Like Like x 2
        • Trunky

Trunky ...who nose about gardening

Professional Gardener (retired)
          Ratings:
          +10,740
          Must say I'm quite attached to my old faithful pair of Brasher walking boots.

I've had them for 12 years now and they've done me proud. They've taken me up Mount Snowdon twice, and all over England's green and pleasant land along many miles of footpaths, bridleways and country lanes.

With my trusty Brashers I've stomped around the mountains and fjords of Norway and the Canadian Rockies.

For several years they were with me every step of the way as I did the local 25 mile sponsored walk for charity.

I don't know how many miles they've done, but it must be literally hundreds.

Time has taken its toll though, one boot has started letting in water and although I've put it off for as long as I could, I have had to face the fact that it's time to replace them (sorry, getting quite emotional now). :cry3:

So, a new pair has been purchased, but the old faithfuls will still be around for some time yet, for walking in dry weather and then probably to end their lives as a pair of gardening boots. :)

• Like Like x 2
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
            +12,352
            Should we have a sock thread next or a favourite Wellie maker :lunapic 130165696578242 5:

Spruce ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
              Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
              Ratings:
              +11,493
              Been off and on looking for a warm, waterproof boot that comes up to the knees for when 28 inches of snow falls again, so far no luck.

do you know as we age we lose that fat pad on our feet. one of the reasons heels for women hurt now than when we were younger. I always feeling the pads of shoes to make sure they are soft, it is amazing how hard some of the soles are that shoe companies think are sellable.

My sister-in-law is one of those shoe nuts, has to buy a Jimmy Choo shoe, she 's like in heaven if she gets a good deal on one. Looked them up, can't see the hype about them in comparison to other. whatever.