Should I be concerned if these were on my Banana plant ?

Discussion in 'Tropical Gardening' started by Webmaster, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,955
    Butterfly houses are well worth visits, because butterflies/caterpillars need plantlife to survive, and usually they are like mini rainforests, I also went to a butterfly house in Devon about 3 years ago. It is very interesting to see the cocoons moving when the butterflies are near to hatching.

Nathan.

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] I think butterflys are wonderful creatures & you have some beautiful photos there Nathan. Went to Slimbridge last year, I know it's birds, but they have a tropical house there & it is wonderful in there, it's small but the fish are huge in the pools, I think bigger even, than the ones in your pic, but the plants, birds & butterflys were magnificent in there. The children can touch the fish too there is a hands on area, the fish seem to like it, [​IMG] Nature is wonderful. :D

3. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,955
    Nature is wonderful ....... Such a shame they are wiping out the rainforests at the rate they are , but that is a whole different story :( .

Nathan.

4. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    amazing pictures - I love butterflies and moths - such ethereal creatures. Caterpillers though ... not so sure! :eek:

[ 13. July 2005, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: michaelmasdaisy ]

5. Ladybird

Ladybird Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Butterflies?? as long as they leave my Geraniums and Daturas alone lol
    ---------
    Ladybird

6. steve b

steve b Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    We have a brill Butterfly park up north near Stockton on tees, they have hundreds of butterflys, catapillars also they have grouse running around the floor (very funny little birds) and they used to have Iguanas, but not sure if they still have them, i used to breed lizards and snake in my early days and the owner of the farm would take a lot of my young ones, if your up this way it is well worth a visit [​IMG] . there is also a victorian house in the same grounds with a lovely green house display.