Should I let this wind me up?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by clueless1, Sep 27, 2011.

1. *dim*

*dim* Head Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,593
    if you ignore the problem, it won't go away ... they will see you as 'weak and vulnerable' and will return when they are bored ... and when they become teenagers and start drinking, it may/can get worse

so .... find out where they live, and politely confront the parents .... the kids will then know that you know who they are and that you won't stand for any nonsense

we have/had a similar problem in our village with a few local unruly kids but it was sorted quickly

now we have a worse problem ... we have teenagers from other villages who occasionally come to our village on weekend nights looking for fights with our village kids who hang out in the community centre/park

luckily, my kids are a bit older, and don't get involved as they are past their teens and don't hang around the community centre ... but several of my neighbours with younger kids are very worried

2. Val..

Val.. Confessed snail lover

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,951
    :roflsign:

3. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,597
    I don't think I'll be seen as 'weak and vulnerable'. If someone does get that impression they'll be in for an unfortunate surprise if they try anything drastic. The persona I try to create, is more a 'can't be bothered with your petty childish games, go and bug someone else because I can't be bothered to chase you' type of thing. It usually works. If I ever get the chance, I'll speak to them as buddies. That usually works too.

A friend of mine happens to look a bit like the ginger chap out of Shaun of the Dead, a film that had just done the rounds at the time my mate moved into his new house. He got some flak from kids doing zombie impressions at him. He just did zombie impressions back at them and they soon got bored.

• Like Like x 1