Show off your pets.

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by Allan Hodgson, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Logan

Logan Total Gardener

housewife
    Ratings:
    +43,783
    Yes i did, i was lucky.:smile:
    Is the dog skinny as well? You should report it.:smile:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Sienna's Blossom

Sienna's Blossom Super Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,875
      Haha, yes he is very spoilt. He's such a lap dog too, just loves to snuggle.

• Like Like x 1
      • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        You was lucky mate :phew:….a few years back the dog kept getting loose running riot and got no road sense but where hubby washes his car he can see her front door and now she's placing a board up it, so most likely for the dog...that's never thin but her other cat always reminds me of a kitten with not full maturity and it follows her to the shops :dunno:

Logan sorry mate but i'm not in to reporting...I was brought up by doing that, it comes back on you :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
          +0
          I spoilt my Bruno terrible but he knew is place or he got an ear bashing mate ;)

I'm just adding a pic as I miss him so much....2yrs he's been gone Sienna :sad:

bruno.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 2
          • Sienna's Blossom

Sienna's Blossom Super Gardener

Ratings:
            +1,875
            He was handsome @Gail_68 I'm sure you must miss him so much.

We had a staff when we were kids, and she was such a sweetie, and so gentle.

• Agree Agree x 1
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
              +0
              I must admit he was a lovely looking staff and I had several people asking me to breed him, totally refused on that one, his ashes mate are under the bird bath in the back garden and I have a plaque there for remembrance with a gold cross on it.

Sienna it's bad owners who give these dogs such a bad name there loyalty goes beyond regarding their owners...he loved people but was also an excellent guard dog.

On this pic he was on steroid injections as he had prostate trouble.

SDC18226.JPG

• Friendly Friendly x 2
              • Logan

Logan Total Gardener

housewife
                Ratings:
                +43,783
                Some staffs are ok and some are not. There's a few around here and there's only 2 that i would trust. One of them i know from a pup and she's such a softy.Some are rescue dogs and they are the ones not to trust.

@Gail_68 i can understand that you don't want to report them that's ok.

• Like Like x 1
                • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
                  +0
                  Logan I totally agree with this to a certain percentage but the ones you can't trust are only through stupid owners who have mistreated them and made the dogs like this :mute:

• Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
                  +0
                  @Sienna's Blossom and @Logan I used to be with a staffyclub quite a few years back when I first had Bruno and made some lovely friends on there but there was one member called Julie known as "Soverenstaff" from Australia...her dogs was champs and her main boy was Jackson...she lost him as he tried to swallow a small boomer ball...choked him, she phoned me at 2am and just broke down never heard a lady so heart broken. but after losing Bruno I know how she deeply felt....she's a top breeder and her dogs are champs and besides Jackson little Maddi was cute at 8wks.

Here's her link for her dogs and puppies on this link...I thought i'd share it with you.

My Dogs – Soverenstaff

Jackson

[​IMG]

Maddi

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
                  • Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • Logan

Logan Total Gardener

housewife
                    Ratings:
                    +43,783
                    They're lovely, my dad had a staffy and my 2 brothers and me, he was very gentle. He died when i was 11. Dad got another straight away and he was good as well.Both of them were called Butch, dad liked the name.

• Like Like x 1
                    • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
                      +0
                      They are gentle dogs logan even though they can bulldozer you over with their muscle and nice of you dad to keep the name going...I've had a Rocky, Tyson and Bruno :snorky:

My dad had a staffy cross called Mick when we was babies and he was a long distance lorry driver at the time apparently he went every where with him but that one dog made my dad love the breed :)

• Logan

Logan Total Gardener

housewife
                      Ratings:
                      +43,783
                      :snorky:Thanks,Yes they are lovely and loving breed. The first one we had was much larger than they are now. The second one was a bit smaller.:)

• Like Like x 1
                      • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
                        +0
                        Good morning Logan, the first one you had being larger is the true originals but today they're trying to shrink them down from their original 16" in height and length for showing to a smaller look but what it's actually doing is making their air ways smaller....so if you see staffies constantly painting even in winter it's because they're being affected by it...it was a vet who told me this.
                        Any way how are your :wub2: darlings coping with the heat with high humidity levels...as I know it's doing we in :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
                        • Logan

Logan Total Gardener

housewife
                          Ratings:
                          +43,783
                          Good morning Gail, i haven't noticed that in them, just smaller. I know other small breeds are like that.

Thanks for asking, they were struggling last week but better now. Been taking them around the bit of wood that's by us, there's a lot more shade.

Barley picked up a tummy bug yesterday and we were up at 2 am, he wanted to go out he had the runs. But they're very good with that, they can hold it until outside.
                          Vommiting is different, bracken used to hide and do it. Berry is quiet when he does it.

How are you coping with it? I don't go out in the garden in the afternoon and i go around the house in my underwear.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
                          • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
                            +0
                            Hi @Logan sorry to hear your babies was struggling last week, it's way to hot for them never mind humans.
                            Poor Barley it hurts seeing them bad and I hope he's picked up through the day and I know what you mean regarding the vomiting before we knew Bruno had Colitis he used to have the runs with certain foods but used to run to the front door and was loosed straight away but the first time he vomited was by the front door on the matt and he had used to make a noise...I told him off I know it sounds bad but he was intelligent and he knew I stood no messing and after that one occasion...when it used to happen after that he would go to the front door and go around in a circle to alert me ;)….never happened again and if it occurred in the night he would keep running in and out of the bedroom door till I woke...very clever and god knows how he held.

If it's not to severe and I can cope wit it to read out side i'm straight to the parasol but how it's been bad the last several days I've kept in doors but it's humid in the property...I wear shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt :)