some advice please....

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by rudy, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    What lovely pups and Mum!
    Always a hard decision to make, a second opinion on the nature of the lumps sounds a good idea. Let us know what they say... and good luck.

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Rudy,so sorry to hear of your dilema.My advice would be that if the dog is still fairly active and doesn't seem in too much discomfort,then to let things stay as they are.Once her quality of life gets to the stage where she is in too much pain then that time will be the right time,though no one can really say what is right for each individual.We could see how Tina our dog was starting to go down hill, and though there were some parts of her which seemed ok,the body let her down in the end.You have read our story on Tina RIP.If you decide to let her go at whatever stage,then read our words and you will see that the end will be better than you think.
    Good Luck to you and your family :(

3. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,157
    Lovely photos, Rudy. The pups looks like their father for sure! All the best in what you decide.

4. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    Fingers crossed, Rudy. The second opinion may be a great help- you never know.

5. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    what ever happens she will know you have done your best,dogs do sense these things,as for me im giving you a big hug over the net,i really wish you every sucess,please lets us know

6. rudy

rudy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for everyone thoughts! Cheers, lisa0307 for that great dog site. Still it looks 50/50. is 12 a great age for a dog? :confused:
    Dreading thursday but cant wait either, does that make sense? Gawd this is difficult. Who am i to say whether her time is up or not? :(
    thanks again every1.

7. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    12 is indeed a good age,on most dogs,of course theres always an exception,

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    They say the smaller the dog,the longer they should live for.Big dogs normally don't live to a good age,and then there is the Genetic problems that a lot of pedigree dogs suffer from.12 is a very good age.Do as I said Rudy watch for her quality of life and then decide :(

9. lisa0307

lisa0307 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    No problem hun...positive thoughts going out to her..hope everything turns out well ;)

10. rudy

rudy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi just an update for those who helped me. balti was finally put to sleep on the 27th after letting me know she'd had enough.Hardest thing ive had to do. Thought she'd be here forvever. :(
    Thanks everyone for the kind wishes [​IMG]
    Have a happy new and prosperous year!

11. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Rudy, I missed this but would have said to leave her be which is what I did with my sprocker Molly and she is in her 3rd extra year now.
    I am so sorry you have lost Balti but she was a very lucky lady to be so well loved for all those years and she would know this for sure xx

12. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    My Dear Rudy my heart goes out to you after the loss of your beloved Balti,hopefully you will be able to thihk of the happy times together.

13. barneyb

barneyb Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Rudy, so sorry to hear about Balti. You said she let you know it was time and the decision you made shows just how much you loved her, being totally unselfish and thinking only of her which was your final gift to her.
    Either now or later you might find this site -www.doggysnaps.com - helpful, it has a section for posting photos and memories of pets who are no longer with us. It's a nice way of commemorating them and letting the world know how special they were . All the very best xx

14. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,664
    Rudy,I am so sorry to hear your sad news about Balti.xx

15. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,157
    I couldn't have said it better. My thoughts and sympathies are with you.