Suggestions for plants round my pond

Discussion in 'Water Gardening' started by wiseowl, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
    Ratings:
    +6,654
    Hi Woo, I love Pontederia aka pickerel weed, as mentioned it can be invasive but there are a couple of varieties, one is better behaved and smaller.

Flowering rush is a lovely native plant with pink flowers :dbgrtmb:

• Like Like x 1
    • Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Water Forget-me-nots are a good do'er Woo and flower right through the summer:dbgrtmb:

• Like Like x 1
      • wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
        Ratings:
        +91,667
        Good morning all my friends and thank you for all your most welcome suggestions,they are very much appreciated:ThankYou::smile:

• Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
        +12,352
        They need to be grown more and thinking about it I wouldn't mind trying this year so will add to the top 3 of new plants for this year , its getting the right spot to get them growing , a lady by my mums has a huge clump in her front garden and never watered and totally bone dry area next to a gravel path (open plan gardens) as I was surprised to see it growing so well and had to get closer to confirm it was the same plant I thought it was.

@wiseowl imagine the flowers cascading over the pond and you have a ideal spot , plus they come in different colours .

• Agree Agree x 3
        • Like Like x 1