1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tagging System

Discussion in 'How To Use Xenforo' started by Webmaster, Jan 5, 2013.

1. "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +31,885
    Which is why, in the seed swap thread, your tags for me have never worked :redface:

Mind you, it is refreshing to read that you omitted the quote marks surrounding my M ... otherwise, I may have worried that I'd upset you at Shineyland and you were being deliberately 'exclusive' in the seed thread :lunapic 130165696578242 5:

Interestingly, when I altered my username, the person I corresponded with at that time took me very literally: I suggested I could be simply "M" (meaning M) but, such is their attention to detail - and rightly so! - they included the quotation marks :)

Now, as '3' is a magic number, I'm rather honoured to be a 3 character person :) (or do I mean, 3 dimensional? :scratch: ) :dunno:

:biggrin:

2. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    :)

As a techie I've got loads of stories where such literal thinking has been the undoing of many a computer project!

I'll pick one : Client installed a new accounts package, and hired a temp to input all the customer info (donkey's years ago, they were moving from Paper to Computer). I showed her how it worked and said "Set up a code for each customer taking the first 4 letters of their name, then "01", "02" ... as a tie break"

She was a trained typist, so she took the first four letters, capital first then lower case (stupid software didn't force CAPs) so for the lifetime of that software package every time they wanted to call up a customer record they had to shift for the first character of the code ... very annoying!

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,460
    A bit off topic but mentioning 3 has brought something to mind. The term 'third party' has always puzzled me! If you're the 'first party' and someone else is the 'third party' - what happened to the 'second party'? :scratch:

4. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    Contract / whatever is between two people (e.g. Insurer and You), Third Party is someone else. Or there is a company and its customer, third party is someone else (who might have access / benefit / something else); I suppose in that instance the third party might also, potentially or otherwise, be a customer? :scratch:

Having said that it might be me, myself, I :heehee:

5. "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +31,885
    Oh he was the gate crasher and got booted out by the Bouncers :ccheers:

6. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,460
    If you hit two cars with your car, would the first of those be the third party and the second be the fourth party? :scratch:

Wouldn't he be the nobody party? :heehee:

7. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    It's not my idea of a party, but each to their own :heehee:

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,460