The age old electricity question?!?!?!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by dodgie, Aug 18, 2008.

1. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    He has to go. He has admitted himself he has zero interest in gardening, and if I am not much mistaken this is a gardening forum. These thread are for additional topics, that we all share an interest in but the main reason is the gardening.

2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,989
    I've a funny feeling that he has no electrical qualifications or experience of any sort, strange then that he should be telling us about breaking the 'law' - what law?

3. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    It`s the old chestnut of copy and paste trolling.

4. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    He definately has some experience and or a lot of time to trawl tnhrough the regs. BAS is/ was a regular pain on the screwfix forum.

5. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Why Does'e he have to go Lollipop????? He has as much right to be here as any of us !!!!

6. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    He does make for a good debate though!

7. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Why are you offended??? He knows what he's talking about, and Pete and co love a good Debate, He's not using bad language or talking filth,!!!

8. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Hi again,

I am not going to develop a disagreement with any other site member because a troll has tried to sow the seeds of discord. Offence taken is a relative term, I might for instance have once worked in a diy superstore and take offence at being referred to as an idiot, it could be anything at all, that`s the nature of a troll, it does not matter. Filth is also a relative term-it could range from using the word knickers all the way up to the more explicit.

9. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Its the Explicit im talking about Lollipop FGS..

10. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Sorry Daisy, what does FGS stand for-I don`t get it.

11. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,989
    I disagree completely with you, in my book to label everyone who works at B&Q as an idiot is worse than bad language or talking filth :mad:

youngdasiylee how do you know what he's talking about? And please tell us what FGS means, thanks.

12. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    JWK, I just wanted to know why BAS "has to go" it doesen,t matter if i know what he's talking about, whats that got to do with it? The members are doing a good job of prooving him wrong, and thats what a good debate is all about..

13. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Daisy, I really don`t understand what FGS means, nor some of the other well known ( to some not me) abbreviated terminology used on forums. And I very much believe he has used offensive terminology. If anyone else knows what it means can they enlighten me?

14. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi lollipop, FGS means for goodness sake, I couldn,t be bothered to write it out :)

15. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    My god, reading through this thread will cost me a liver failure!

Come on BAS, Dodgie asked for electrical advice, but judging from his posts (dodgie, I am assuming you are a HE, if not, apolpogies) he sounds like he actually understands enough of the whole thing to tread carefully, take good care of himself, and read the given replyes with several grains of salt and an occasional smile. I don't take common sense for granted these days, but he seems to have the required amount.

If the original post had been something like this:

"Please please help, I am trying to install a suntanning lamp over the bathing tup, and I am stuck, I mean I have thiscable, fine, but it's all messed up, there actually THREE defferent little cables inside, how messy is that, and now I don't know which cable I have to stick in which hole of the socket and which one I am to hold in my fingers for checking if the circuit works!! Thanks for any input, and please answer fast because the bathing tub is half full and I don't have all day."

Ok, in this case I would agree the the poster needs:
    1) a husband
    2) failing that, some *really* carefully frased advice.

Relax BAS if we kill ourselves with some ill conceived electric feat, we will not hold you responsible. You have warned us all with admirable thoroughness, and we are grateful (YOU all keep a straight face!!!!). You did your civic duty, now lets just go on with life, shall we?