The Allotment Update Thread

Discussion in 'Allotments Discussion' started by GWRS, Mar 21, 2024.

1. Scroggin

Scroggin Gardener

Mechanical Technician, Retired
    Ratings:
    +518
    Peak harvest at the moment IMG_20240813_104403.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Allotment Boy

Allotment Boy Lifelong Allotmenteer

Retired Medical Lab Scientist
      Ratings:
      +347
      Have been away most of last week, so catching up again. I picked a load of beans ,French and Runner, but about 1/3 had to go straight to compost as they were too big and tough. Picked loads of tomatoes, greenhouse and outdoor ones, 6 cucumbers, and some monster courgettes. I did tell one of my Allotment pals to pick the courgettes as he was watering, but he didn't. So now there's no new flowers, but I'm hoping they will come soon. I'm glad I ignored traditional advice to stop the beans at the top of the canes,as there is some flower that hopefully will keep producing until the late sown dwarf ones come in. In this mad year weather wise, the Blackberries are nearly finished having started in July.
      Dahlias are just getting going but Chrysanthemums haven't started yet. Hopefully some rain will soften the ground enough to allow us to harvest the late spuds.

• Like Like x 1